Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Opinion Poll

Our house has a very cute, rather long and somewhat shallow front porch. Being a GRITS (girl raise in the south) I am breaking nearly every rule in the book by not having any furniture on the porch (we've lived here for a year and a half). It's a nice area, gets morning sun, shade after about 10:30 or 11:00, hardly any rain b/c it's recessed and it's a great place to sit and read. For our birthdays (B ~ 11/26, M ~ 12/1) Hilda (the mom-in-law) is getting us some furniture for said empty front porch. I really love the way that wicker rockers look, B likes adirondack chairs and hassacks/ottomans. Let me know your opinion, please!!!

We're hitting the after Labor Day sales and will come home w/ the new purchases soon after, then I am positive that we'll get a boat load of fun things on or before our actual b'days. (It's so fun being married to an only child, I'm lucky to get a phone call on the actual day from my parents, B's mom calls at the exact time that he was born ~ very different families!)

This first week of schoolhas been laden with tons of reading and starting case studies and interviews of 'actual therapists'. I'm drooling just thinking about all of the yet unlearned info that's just waiting to fill my mind. Call me a nerd, call me a book worm, it's ok ~ I'm cool with it! I LOVE learning and discovering new information, it's almost addictive. I'll pick up a book and get lost in the words for hours on end. I am sure that's probably why I am so into the blogging ordeal, that and I'm a pretty nosy gal. I can sit forever and read about people's days, problems, victories, defeats, laughs and tears. (Insert a Joan Arquette "I LOVE IT!!!" here)

Tidings of Joy... and undiscovered learning! :)


5 comments:

Jenni said...

Wicker rockers with thick cushions scream "southern elegance" to me....I'd love to have a porch I could sit on and get lost in a book.

SG said...

My dear, as if there were any other option than wic-ka fu-nit-ch for ya pawrch! Adirondacks are for the yawd, not tha pawrch! The only exception to the wicka for the porch rule is if you find a dreamy wooden swing or big rocker, at least that is what my Nana told me and she was a lifetime memeber of the Garden Club and the Historical Society in Colorado City, Texas. Iron is for patios or pools, wood for yards and wicker for the porch. Would love to giggle with you on said "pawchh" someday, as we dish the world and drink SUNDROP! AHHHH

Mae said...

SG you are a hoot (almost typed goot and thought that was almost an insult!)! As soon as the pawch is outfitted w/ approprite attire (I completely agree w/ the "wikah", but you know how those men caun be!) There will be a plump, feather cushion and multiple ice cold Sundrops waiting your arrival ~ just give me a buzz and let me know when to welcome you w/ a sign at our fine regional airport. Or if you want to arrive safely, I'd suggest going via Nashvegas'international airport! :)

John Owens said...

Whoa. This is such a girly post. My question is this. Will there be a T.V. on the front porch? How about a grill? Will you be eating on the front porch? Will there be a fridge? Look at the porch decor from a man's point of view.

John Owens said...

Whoa. This is such a girly post. My question is this. Will there be a T.V. on the front porch? How about a grill? Will you be eating on the front porch? Will there be a fridge? Let us consider the porch decor from a man's point of view. :)