Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Fly Family Doomed to Die!!!

If you look at the two pictures below this post, you'll see my husband on a fly killing spree. The funny part about it all is that it took place between 11:45 and midnight last night and most of it happened while the two of us were brushing our teeth and getting ready to go to bed. (Yes, we're night owls!)

For some random reason, a family of four or so flies decided to take up residence in our house. There is nothing more annoying than a fly family flying around your head as you try to go to sleep. Brandon (a.k.a. Fly Sniper) took it upon himself (not that I volunteered) to divide and conquer the fly family. Two were in our dressing room and two in our bedroom. We barricaded the two dressing room flies in the 8' by 8' area and Brandon started swinging away ~ it was soooo funny to watch and try to not get hit by the flyswatter at the same time. I had tears and toothpaste running down my face from laughing so hard!!! (Notice there isn't a picture of me at the time... Evil, I know, but hey, he allowed me to take the pictures!) After about 10 minutes of de-flying we headed into the bedroom and the poor fly family has been laid to rest in the garbage can of our bathroom.

Not as funny now that I read it, the meaning is a bit difficult to get across without my fantastic use of facial expressions, but oh well. I felt the need to let you in on a typical night in the Hale household! Hope yours was as exciting as ours!

Tidings of Joy... and no more fly families! :)

No comments: