Wednesday, August 04, 2004

John 19:30b

"It is finished!"

My story is nowhere near the story of Christ, but I still feel a victory. The painting in the house is done, the tape has been pulled down, the rollers thrown away, I don't see even a speck of paint on the carpet, and I am a happy woman! I have accomplished a fairly large task, painting close to 1,000 square feet of our house with just a couple of people to step in and help... Not too shabby.

I still have two weeks of vacation time left before school starts back. Hmmm, the hampster in my head is trotting awful fast to keep the wheels of creativity flowing. I bought a computer program to make all kinds of artsy~fartsy stuff the other day. Maybe I'll actually sit down and learn how to use it correctly, then I can start my own custom stationary online business and make enough cabbage to pay for the program. Wouldn't that be a hoot??!!!

Or, I can sleep... a lot.

And read some good books ~ Mike's are really good, but I'll finish them up in no time. I need an epic story to completely engross my time and make it to where I can't even reach for a drink b/c I am unable to tear my eyes away from the page. Fill me in on such a title, please.

Or, I can clean up the not so clean areas of the house that I happened upon during my painting expedition. Who knew that our all white ceiling fan had blades that reversed to black?!!! (Or was that dust? Nah, not in my house!) And how do all of those little knats & bugs get in the windows that I can barely sweep out w/ a broom while standing in a kitchen chair? What are they ~ super insects? Obviously not since they had all passed away by the time I found them!

I need some good ideas for fall and winter landscaping that doesn't require a lot of maintenance. I have tons of stuff for the spring and summer, but only two little (and I really mean little) holly bushes for any other part of the year. Any suggestions?

If I were into labeling, which I'm not, I'd say I'm a bit twitchy and need to be constantly busy. Take your guess at what the DSM IV would call me... Ahh, the disorders of the world that control our lives. That's another blog all together.

Tidings of Joy... And no more painting!!! :)




4 comments:

Clarissa said...

Does this mean you're not taking me up on my offer to let you paint my basement? Oh, well.

Mae said...

I'll paint your basement if you really want me to. You could come down to ecsape from the kiddies and enjoy the piant fumes too! :)

SG said...

You can come to Texas and help me paint and wall papaer if you want! Maybe not as easy as a good book but tons more fun! :) Enjoy these days. Someday YOU WILL have children and free time just disappears!

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Oh Mae,
There is a sure cure for the "twichys". All you ahve to do is come to 5405 Barton vale Drive in nashville and I'll show you. It involves cleaning out our closets and garage, but I promise you will feel better. There, aren't I helpful??