Friday, August 27, 2004

Happiness is...

  • Getting a "Happy Birthday" check (three months ahead of time) in the mail from your mother-in-law for front porch furniture and anything else you and the hubby feel like splurging on.
  • Finding front porch furniture on eBay for a fantastic price (roughly half of the Happy Birthday check amount!).
  • Friday night dates with the hubby of take out and a movie.
  • Getting homework completed with little or no stress.
  • Friday afternoons.
  • Getting fingerprinted in order to substitute teach for $37 per day. (Not really a happiness, but the fact that I can actually put my degree to use!)
  • Having an interview on Monday afternoon at the Sylvan Learning Center.
  • Cherry cokes from Sonic (with extra cherries, yummy!).

On a different note. Last night Brandon and I went to Florence to Books-A-Million ~ I can honestly say that it was similar to Meg Ryan's experience at Fox Books after her book store closed down (from You've Got Mail). I was looking for the DSM-IV-TR and a psychiatric dictionary. The "sales girl" who was "helping" me actually asked, "Now, four in roman numerals is X, right? No? Well goodness, hon, I just don't know where it would be!" She was actually at the help desk!!!! I firmly believe that they should only be allowed to employ English, Elementary Ed, or Literature majors. Also, all stupid people should move to another state (of course, I was in Alabama ~ that could have something to do w/ it! LOL), or country.

Brandon and I are selling the truck [a 2000 GMC Sierra, 4 door, 73K miles, leather, taneau cover, tow package, bed rug, in excellent condition] (it's all about having less debt my friends!). If you or anyone you know is interested, please send them my way. It really is a nice vehicle, belly button and all (It's hardly noticeable, and for the right price, we'll have it taken care of!). I hate to part with it, esp. since it's from my grandpa (he traded with me for my Blazer), but we don't need three vehicles. Sigh.

Happy weekending blog family!

Tidings of Joy... and less debt! :)

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Mae - You have got ot post pics of the new proch furniture -- I can't wait to see what you picked out! :-)