Saturday, August 21, 2004

Off to escape the tractors!

Have I told you that I live in a small town WAY out in the country? Well, I do (there also happens to be a van down by the river ~ I miss the old school SNL days!). This weekend is the infamous Antique Truck and Tractor Pull at Rotary Park. Other such events that take place here? The first weekend of the year there is an event called Four Wheelin' (note: no g) in the Country. It's covered by ESPN and ATV Television. We also have Davy Crockett Days and probably numerous others that I just can't remember at this moment.

Brandon and I almost always try to leave town whenever these 'patriotic' parties take place. This weekend we're headed to my sister's house to help host a very unique baby shower. When the invitation came it said "BYOB" ~ yep, that's my sis for ya! I'm sure the guys will end up playing poker until the wee hours of the night (Brandon won $150 once!) and the girls will all be crowded up on the couch watching a scary movie and eventually fall asleep. If the cops make at least one appearance ~ it'll be considered a success. Think every "You might be a red neck if...." Jeff Foxworthy joke and you can apply it to the festivities tonight!

Well, we're off to hide keys and give rides home to those that are in need. Hope your weekend is as adventurous as ours! :)

Tidings of Joy... and incredibly interesting baby showers! :)

P.S. The Titans are playing pre-season game #2 tonight ~ woo hoo!!!

No comments: