Monday, August 16, 2004

Are you a western watcher?

I believe that for the first time in my entire life, I just watched an entire western (The Cowboys w/ John Wayne) and didn't fall asleep. It was actually a good movie. I'll have to swallow my pride before admitting that to Brandon, but it won't be the first time, and probably not the last either!

A synopsis for anyone who hasn't watched this: Wil (one l, it drives me crazy!) Anderson (J.W.) is a rancher during the 1870's (I love the details of digital cable, we don't miss out on anything!) who has a drive to make. Because of the Gold Rush (which I thought was 1849 ~ but who needs to be historically correct?) there is a shortage of men and he can only find teenagers to work as his team. They set out on a journey and along the way form a family tie (much like our blog family, only w/ out the cattle, open range, guns, cursing, loose women ~ including Colleen Deuherst who was Marilla in the Anne of Green Gables movies, and fights w/ outsiders. Oh wait, that last part kind of makes its way in sometimes...) Anywho, good flick, short enough to not fall asleep to and has a family ties undertone to it. There, I said it... The world is not rotating in an opposite direction and all is well in the Hale house!

We also have seen Collateral, The Bourne Supremacy and Kill Bill Vol. 2 (also bits of Lady and the Tramp 2, but Brandon didn't like the musical parts so he kept changing the channel) this past week. Tonight's feature is The Whole Ten Yards. I really should get paid to be a movie critic! Good flicks and Quinton Terrintino is still incredibly odd ~ he must have been an interesting child to be around.

Tidings of Joy... And good movies. :)

No comments: