Monday, August 30, 2004

I have a dream.

My entire life, I have always wanted to enter a profession that would enable me to help people. I have come to a part of life that is allowing me to really learn, grow and shape the ideals of how I will & can help. When I finish the current program I am in, I want to do wonderful things. So, here is my dream...

Imagine walking into a healing center, one where there are people from all walks of life. Inside a beautifully decorated, but certainly not stuffy, building is a place where families, singles, students, widows, wealthy, poor, healthy and suffering people can come to find refuge, to learn how to cope with life situations, to find friends and a family. In my mind, it's like a supercharged YMCA, only with more of a total spirit, mind, body than a body focus. I want this center for healing to be a place that has a culmination of factors to assist health and spirituality in people.

There will be therapists (from many different backgrounds, variety is the spice of life!), life coaches, well ness programs, tutoring hours, groups of all kinds (maybe even a guacamole one!), an afterschool refuge, a spa (you know you want that! Who doesn't?!!)... and numerous other areas as my dream grows. What I really want is a place where people can come to find rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation. Where getting help with life's speed bumps is the norm instead of a stigma, and where I can be proud of helping anyone who walks through the doors. Hopefully, I can figure out a way to make this a place where families can come to be together and not have to pay exhorbant fees in order to do so.

That's my dream, all wrapped up in a nice little package. Just thought I'd share it with you.

Tidings of Joy... and healing. :)

P.S. Go Titans!!!

8 comments:

SG said...

And in the back ther will be a drink machine that dispenses all forms of Sun Drop free to all who care to bask in its caffenated lemon lime splendaor!

Just wanted to add to the dream! I love it! Hope to see it come true God willing!

SG said...

Sorry! I can not type or spell!

Mae said...

Sorry I left out that there would be Sundrop fountains at the entrance, exits, guest kiosks (that's a fun word) and maybe even a Sundrop swimming pool. I just thought that was a given. Did I tell you that we had Sundrop punch at our wedding? Ahh, it's just happiness all around! :) From one non-speller to another, I get what you're saying!

SG said...

http://crosstimberschurch.org/healing_place.htm

Check out this place. It is pretty cool and they share your vision. You would never believe what I am mailing in the morning!!! I know seeing is believing! I added a few back to school treats in there for you.. and I might open it up and add an avacado! Let me know what you think:)

Mae said...

Awesome! I have a few other sites to plug, so tomorrow when I should be studying for Psychopathology, I'll add links to them on my blog! Oh what fun it is to blog in a cable modem house to-ni-ght!

Serena Voss said...

It's my dream, as well!

Serena Voss said...

So.....where is Cross Timbers Church?

SG said...

Cross Timbers is in Argile, Texas. It was started by 10 church of Christ families who were burning to to reach that community. It is a community church.