Monday, July 26, 2004

No hope for teaching

I talked this morning with a principal and the director of schools of Lawrence County. Both of them basically said "Thanks for your interest, but we don't have $$$ to hire a new teacher and three teachers who weren't tenured from last year were let go as well. But be sure to get on our substitute list (it pays all of $35 a day) and we'll talk to you when the state comes through with more $$$." So much for 'No child left behind'!I'm a child, they're all about leaving me behind!This is crap...

Ok, on to happier thoughts. The beach loved me so much that it tried to come home with me. I keep finding little tidbits of beach love all over the house and car. I knew I had a magnetic personality, but this is just too much!

I don't know what to do with all of this time on my hands. Brandon and I are going to Florence, AL tonight to check out the paint selection at Lowes (we're so far out in the country that we have to drive at least 45 minutes to get to Lowes, Old Navy and Best Buy, what a tragedy!). Last fall I painted our bedroom a deep red color called Summer Pudding. It took 5 days, 3 gallons and 4 coats to completely cover my walls, now we get to put up crown molding in order to hide my 'drops of love' that are on the ceiling and our bed is strategically placed to hide uh-ohs on the carpet! I get so excited about doing projects that I want to dive right into them instead of taking the time to do prep work, such as taping off the boarders. Oh well, live, learn, and then put up crown molding!

I ordered two of Mike Cope's books from Wal-Mart online last night. They should get here in a fews days, until then, I am going to clean the house, send the beach love to the garbage can, paint my hallway and living room, attempt to put up crown molding, sort my guest room closet, organize my school stuff, and spend some time with my husband. If you have any advice on ways in which to do such matters, I am all ears, or eyes I guess since it'll be on the computer screen!

Tidings of Joy :)

2 comments:

Donna G said...

Sorry the teaching thing didn't work out. You are going to be great, soon as they give you a chance!! We did a fish pond garden thing. It is great. Of course my husband was the architect. Enjoy your leisure time while you can. Work seems to last forever more....

Clarissa said...

Oh, Mae, have you met FlyLady yet? Check her out before you dive into everything all at once.

http://flylady.com