Sunday, July 25, 2004

Beach baby, beach baby there on the sand...

from 10:30 to 12:15, then off to shop for a bit and on to the wedding.

I had a fabulous time in Moblie. My sister-in-law, Karen, went with me. Brandon's not much for weddings, he was at ours and I think that other than any children we have, he pretty much met his life quota! Karen is married to my younger brother Jonathan. It's really the first time we've ever gone anywhere alone for an extended period of time. It was a great bonding experience and fun to have a 'little sister'. I've got an older sister (who, btw, is THE BESTEST in the world), so changing roles was a lot of fun.

I learned and heard several different things on Alabama's interstate and beach this weekend:

1. "I've got sand in my crack" is  funny, but always true when you lay down in the sand. Our umbrella neighbor's 6 year old was incredibly informative.
2. When you hear the words "What part of TinC are yuns from?" It's usually a good idea to fib.
3. Alabamans are almost as nice as Canadians, even at the McDonald's drive through.
4. Nascar races don't only happen on race tracks, but also on I-65. No officials  are necessary, and points do count!
5. The La Quinta Inn is an interesting place to stay, but not at all like I thought it was going to be.
6. L.A. (Lower Alabama) has germs, but apparently I don't mind them as much as I do Atlanta's (Question? See July 5th blog.)
7. The ride down was lots of fun and full of conversations and stories, the ride back took a million years, was quiet, full of cheesy music from the 90's, and my bum was very numb the entire time.
8. My daddy called, apparently he hasn't fallen off the face of the earth, he's just been busy.
9. You  really can't go back home. It was fun to see old friends, but the relationships have changed a lot. Almost sad..
10. Sunscreen works very well, as long as you don't leave it in your hotel room!

I had a great time. Jon did a fabulous job singing. There were two I do's and a kiss and  now one of my dearest friends is married to the girl that makes his dreams come true.

Hotel room for two nights in Moblie (via Expedia, who I will not use in the future!)  ~ $168
Lobster dinner with the little sis at Outback ~ $25
An hour and a half on the beach and seeing a friend get married ~ priceless.

Tidings of Joy.   

P.S. I got 135 points out of 150 on that stinking paper. Maybe I'll make an 'A' afterall... :)



No comments: