Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Look to the bottom right of the screen and tell me what you see.

That's right folks! I finally have a blog role posted on my page. If I had known that a poem would've gotten me this far, I'd've been scribbling them out years ago!
Seriously, thank you to SG for the numerous e-mails and html thingys so that I could get my page lookin' like the rest of yuns! I like it a lot (Forrest Gump style). At the time that all of this was going on and I finally had it figured out, I had a Tom Hanks moment in the movie Castaway when he finally sparks a fire. I felt like yelling, "I ...HAVE... BLOG ROLE!!!"  and dancing around my office/guest room/Stampin' Up room. Instead, I went out and played with Sassafrass, she was excited for me.
Yes people, it has been accomplished! Now on to the next challenge... let me think of one and I'll update you later. I can tell you are on the edge of your office chair (or like me, your director's chair that just happens to fit at the desk!)

Tidings of Joy... "I... HAVE... BLOG ROLE!!!!" :)




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a former rubber stamp queen! I got in on it about 10 years ago and went bananas! We had a little convenience store and I used our tax ID number to buy wholesale but, I was the only one who used the stamps. I may have to go dig out my stamps and glitter and glue and scissors and have a big time... look out - there'll be bookmarks all around at Sunday School!

Donna G said...

I am so honored to be a "blog buddy". Thank you! ( I don't know nothing about no rubber stamps....)

SG said...

So happy to help! We love the SUN DROP! I have to say I prefer the leaded to the unleaded, but we all love it! My kids think it is so cool to get things in the mail. I helped host an ACU Back to School Bash tonight and it kept me really busy today. I would have blogged you earlier but I was making ice cream , fried okra salad, and oriental coleslaw.... all of which go really well with SUN DROP might I add! I forgot to heed you caffine warning though so I may be up all night. That's ok though, I have a dirty house and company coming in the morning....I may have to crack open another SunDrop.
Again THANK YOU! DP is on the way.

Mae said...

Ok, it's my turn to ask...fried okra salad and oriental cole slaw? I know you Texans are a bit of a mix, but are you sure your okra and cabbage are in the right places?!!!
If you are indeed up all night I can't say I didn't warn you, but if it helps get the house clean then I'm glad I could help! I got a little something for Kolby and Rhett but it wouldn't fit in that jam packed box. It'll be there sometime next week. Enjoy the Sun-drop, itsn't it fantabulous??!?!?!! :)

SG said...

Kolby and Rhett will be thrilled Auntie Mae! The postman is just a step below Santa in their book. You are too sweet!
I know, I know! My dishes sound awful! The oriental coleslaw is incredible though. Everytime I make it I end up passing the recipe out. Here it is just for you...

ORIENTAL CLOE SLAW
2 16oz. bags of pre-shredded cabbage/slaw mix
2 Packages oriental Ramen Noodles
1 cup sunflower seed kernals
1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
1 bunch green onions
Dressing: combine following until suagar dissolves.
1/2 cup salad oil
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup vinegar
2Oriental Seasoning packets
Remove seasoning packets from noodles. Combine cabbage with noodles (smushed & broken) seeds, almonds and finely minced onion. Toss with dressing. Chill at least three hours. VERY YUMMY!

Don't knock it till you try it.:-) Fried okra salad will have to be another day!