Friday, July 30, 2004

I'm a bit tired, so don't be surprised if this is odd.

My eye doctor (Jeff Jordan of Remke Eye Clinic) is a nut. I met him for the first time on Tusday and it was like talking to my little brother (ok, 6'1" isn't little, but you know what I mean). He was hillarious, we were arguing back and forth about nothing. Quite amusing I must say. Earlier this afternoon I had to go back so he could check how my contacts are working out (or just so he can make bank, take your pick), and we battled some more. I think it's the controlling aspect of our personalities, we seem to be a lot alike. Our link? We both lived in Memphis for a while and couldn't stand it. Ahh, the things of this world that tie people together!
I was reading the oh-so-odd book of Isaiah earlier (not the entire thing at once, I can only handle two or three chapters b4 bed) and came upon these directions. "You will find the king at the end of the aqueduct that feeds water into the upper pool, near the road leading to the field where cloth is bleached." (ch.7, v.3). How bout that for directions? Interesting how God can be so descriptive at one time and so non-descriptive at others.
The last thing I read b4 trying to sleep was 2 Peter 2:22 "A dog returns to his vomit and a washed pig returns to the mud." (The Book) Not the best picture to have in your head b4 you lay down to sleep!
I couldn't sleep so I've been haunting blog-land for a while, we are all interesting in our own little ways. It's funny b/c I have mental images of what everyone looks and sounds like, I'm sure they (my mental images, not the people themselves) are probably completely off. You should check out Matt Eliott's page, he posted a picture of himself and all I can say is he's a brave man!
Well my little blog family, this is where I will say, "Good night, sweet dreams, I love you." I think I may be able to sleep now that it's 2:12 a.m.
Tidings of Joy... but not the whole dog to it's puke thing, gross! :)

 

2 comments:

Quiara said...

I wouldn't be surprised if some of said "blog-landers" aren't a little "off" as well. ^_~

Kester Smith... said...

I'm so off I don't even know how to post a picture of myself on my blog.