Monday, July 19, 2004

I don't like my ad at the top of this page

Come on Google / Blogspot, give us something new to look at other than trampoline and Cancer info; something upbeat, something uplifting, something interesting, just something else... please?!!!!
 
Eddie George asked the Titans to let him go today. It's a sad, sad day in Titan Land. I can hear the T-Rac crying as I type. We have lost Eddie, my personal favorite player ~ Frank Wycheck (am actually considering naming my first-born for the man, just think Wycheck Hale, the jokes are endless... ),Justin McCairins (sp?), The Freak (no longer will we hear the Titan rendition of that fantastically funny country song), and goodness knows who else is leaving. Come August 21, it's gonna be a different team hitting the field, I hope Jeff knows what he's gotten himself into. Of course, if in January we're at the Super Bowl, I never wrote this blog entry...
 
I'm crispy today. Yesterday while visiting with my sister, Lynette, I realized that I am incredibly close to being considered an albino (minus the white hair and pink eyes, of course!). I am heading down to Mobile for my friend, Kevin Farrar's wedding and didn't want to look as if I'd spent all summer writing term papers (cuz we all know that's a big fat lie!). So I took advantage of the early, bright afternoon, got in a bathing suit and got burnt to a crisp, and I'll probably do the same thing again tomorrow. My routine is listening to 5 songs and two ads on the radio, taking a drink of Diet Sun-drop (just for you Clarissa!) and then flipping. The strife to look non-albinoish is pretty high, it's just a price that I'm willing to pay, for what reason, I'm not sure. (I think I just made a comma splice, what a fun phrase to say! comma splice, comma splice, comma splice)
 
Heading off to bed, must rest the lobsteresque face. Maybe I'll peel and see how long I can get each strand of dead skin ~ one of my favorite competitions with the siblings as a small child ~ gross, yet incredibly fun...
 
Does anyone know a good area of Moblie to stay in? I've never been and the groom had zero suggestions. Let me know if you're familiar with the place, please.
 
Tidings of Joy and Titans football ~ fall is just around the corner.... :)
 
P.S. Blogger's spell check is incredibly random. (and I'm an awful speller, oh well, maybe in the next realm it'll get better...)
 

10 comments:

SG said...

OK. What is Sun drop? I am tempted to pull that mother thing and tell you to apply some spf. (You can still tan in spf35!) BUT I am sure you are well aware of the perils of skin cancer and it is a summer wedding after all!
So glad your paper is and your class is over! YEAH! I always felt like celebrating at the end of a class! Have a great one! Wycheck Hale...do you have something to share?

John Owens said...

Mae, got your message, but the number you left got cut off. Anyway, I'm staying at a house with Kevin, so I have no idea what to tell you about hotels. Sorry. I look forward to seeing you and Brandon.

Mae said...

WHAT IS SUN-DROP???? Only THE best beverage on the face of the earth. We lived in/on Galveston Is. for a while and my parents would have it shipped in; and when I was in middle school, we actually had a Sun-drop machine put in the shop (my dad's buisness) behind the house. Seriously SG, give me your address and I'll get some to you, reagular or unleaded or both oif you prefer! Noone should have to go without this drink. One thing though, don't drink it after 7:00 or so at night or you may not sleep. I myself am totally immune, but a roomie in college did that and was up litteraly all night long! :)
Jon, sorry my message got cut off, I am one of the worst messagiers on the face of the earth! Have a safe trip down, don't know where I'm staying yet. Brandon isn't coming he's gonna spend the extra time w/ his parents. My sister may come with me or I'll just go stag, it's been a few years since I've done that! Anyway, see you on Saturday!

Clarissa said...

To explain further for SG, Sun-Drop is like turbo-charged Mountain Dew, and much better tasting.

Donna G said...

Did you notice you now have Eddie George and the Tennessee Titans at the top of your page? Who says complaining don't work.....

Mae said...

how neat is that? go titans!!!!

SG said...

My blog ads are about single moms and jewelry...What? I may have to make up stuff in my profile to get better adds.

Well I must say I have never even heard of Sun Drop. BUT that is probably because I live in the birth place of Dr. Pepper... there is even a museum and everything. Have you ever had the original Dr. Pepper? The real brown sugar version? Tastes completely different! (I'm still a Coke fan...just don't tell anyone!) They still bottle it here to sell at the museum.
Tell you what..you send me Sun Drop and I'll send you real Dr. Pepper. What a cultural exchange we have going here! Just e-mail me through my blog.

SG said...

PS Has anyone noticed that Q doesn't have ads on her blog? How did she do that?

Mae said...

I think it's for one of two reasons. 1. She's so intelligent that blogger doesn't have any idea how to tie in something to market (not dissing any of our intelligence, just saying that she blows me away with some of her thoughts). and 2. She has a copywrite to her page. We could be on to something!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't have ANY ads on my blog. Just empty space...I think I'm offended.

On the topic of Sun Drop, there was a major industry in Athens, AL that actually had in their union negotiations that there would be Sun Drop machines every certain distance throughout their buildings!