Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Complete and Total Nothingness

So, I have my term paper to write that just happens to be due on Saturday at 8:00 a.m. in GC 301 on the campus of FHU. If I had had my way, without considering my husband, finances, our home, and relations all about us, I would have attended Pepperdine University. The master's program for counseling and their theology for the C of C is much more along my idea of thinking, but that's a completely different suject all together.
This whole blogging experience has brought several different gifts to me. 1.) Thoughts and encouragement about living through and for Christ, 2.) Laughter, 3.) Tears, 4.) Friends all over the U.S., and 5.) More reasons to blog, read comments, and over all, just procrastinate more about this stupid paper.
What's with having to write a set amount of pages anyway? Shouldn't we be able to just thoroughly exlpore and support our idea without having to fulfill a page standard?! I am so ready for this class to be over with. I'm burnt out, just on this one class. Others I'm in are fantastic. My attitude is very poor and incredibly prickly. I don't like it, so I'm stopping. The End.
Tidings of ... ten pages on resistance. (I am the resistant in this case, maybe I should include this particular blog, but am sure that would help only in lowering my grade.)
P.S. Am happy to quote and use the term "verbal diarrhea"!

4 comments:

Sara said...

From a fellow blogger and grad student - Good luck with perserverance to finish that paper. I just finished my last paper for the summer last weekend and it was such a relief. I am ready for a break. I enjoy getting to read your perspective and thoughts. I look forward to more in the future.

SG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mae said...

SG, it took me 6 1/2 years to finish my undergrad! It's in elementary ed and I detest teaching. A wierd turn of events got me into the education field, knowing that I probably wouldn't step foot into a classroom other than completing my student-teaching. I know that it's a lot easier to work and coplete things in a timely manner, I just haven't been able to operate consistently in a timely manner... it's almost a self fulfilling cycle. I think I work better under pressure and time constrainsts, there for I almost only tend to. Sad but true!

SG said...

I didn't mean to remove that comment! The blogwart strikes again!
What I said was simple though, I have not been able to do it myself!

The sooner you start the sooner you finish!