Monday, September 06, 2004

Things that make you go hmm...

If you have the opportunity, please take a few minutes out of your Labor Day to laugh. There is a show on the Discovery Channel called Southern Chopper ~ a mix b/t American Chopper and King of the Hill. Just a glimpse at what happens in Virginia on a daily basis... and this is the state that part of D.C. comes from??!! Not much different from my life in the 'Burg.

In other news...
Notes to self:
  • Avoid using the term "holy crap" on a minister's blog.
  • Avoid standing in 3" high stilettos on tile floors in T.J. Maxx w/ others around to see what happens.
  • Books-A-Million should not exist.
  • When choosing a place to buy a home, make sure it is in a 45 minute radius of a metropolitan area ~ the further out you go, the more people start to look like extras in the movie Deliverance.
  • Avoid setting open bags of shredded cheese against the microwave, unless of course you enjoy having shredded cheese b/t your toes.
  • What do you call a man w/ no arms & no legs floating in the ocean? Bob. My favorite joke of all time!!!

Happy Labor Day everyone!

Tidings of Joy... and honkin' good BBQ ribs! :)


6 comments:

SG said...

Witty reaction... Not really! Didn't mean to make you feel bad aboutt he comment on Cope's blog! Just made me spew Frappicino on the screen, that's all! :) I love your comments and I have to snicker at the thought of you splatting in TJ MAXX, again you remind me of me!

Mae said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mae said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mae said...

You didn't make me feel bad per say, just made me go "hmmm". Probably could have chosen a better, more appropriate term such as "Holy Moses" or "Holy guacamole, Batman!" maybe even "Holy Taledo"... "Holy crap" is just easier to type, and it flows from my mouth so easliy. You should try it really! Just not around the kiddies!

Mae said...

My computer is coping some major "I am 16 going on 17, I know everything and you know nothing, eyes shooting daggers, hands on hips, toe tapping, heavy sighs, massive PMS, high school" attitude (not that I have ever experienced such a thing!). It won't let me blog, open windows of comments, or send e-mails. Thus I am reduced to commenting on my own sight. Annoyance and frustration are incredibly high. B is supposed to adjust said attitude to night, we'll see if that actually gets done. Until computer PMS is gone, I'll say adiu!

SG said...

Mae this happened to me not long ago. It started one day and then a few days later it was over. I have no idea what happened. Hope you are up and running soon!