Thursday, September 30, 2004

Thank you google.com for making me laugh.

I've had a pretty stressful few hours. Allow me to fill you in.

A few weeks ago I posted about Brandon's customer, Murray, and how they have been having problems lately. Last week they eleminated 100 positions and tomorrow they are supposed to do the same thing. Brandon asked his regional manager about our future if the plant closes down. We'll be relocated to Bowling Green, KY. There's a blow from right field if I've ever seen one. We never even thought of that as a possibility, always assuming that we'd just head back home to Manchester or Tullahoma after our three years here, and after I finish my masters (you know what assuming does for a gal, right?). I realize it's nice to know that his position with in GE is safe, it's just a bit of a shock at this moment... I mean really, Bowling Green?!! Kentucky?!! What the crap?!!

I have also been preparing for 1/ 2 of a mid-term and a presentation on Saturday. One word... STRESS! I know that I'll do fine, it's a great class w/ my favorite,GPA boosting professor, but it's still a lot to handle in one day. In a two hour period I'll have 45 % of my overall grade to deal with, and deal with well.

My panic attack coping skills are currently keeping a massive tension headache / What About Bob? leaving his apartment for the first time alert / nervous breakdown at bay. This lead me to
google my self. I know that I have an incredibly southern name and this proved it. The only other Mae's Anne's McCullough's and Hale's were in the south. Then I did just Mae Anne and guess what... there are a few other Mae Anne's in the world (at least that g0ogle recognizes)! They happen to be a horse, a cat, a Japanes grill in Reno, and a street in Reno. It made me chuckle.

Oh how I wish I was at the ZOE conference right now. I'm feeling a bit deserted in blogland. Pity party for one at table 13... check please!

Deep healing breaths... calmness, peace and tranquility in... scattered, nervous breakdown thoughts out...

Tidings of Joy... but not Bowling Green, KY. :\

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Mae -- I'm here too!!! A bit part of me wishes that I was at Zoe, but at the same time I am a little glad that I am not. I need to slow down and take time to rest -- and a trip out of town, even for Zoe, wouldn't do it for me. So, know that you are not alone in blogland this weekend -- our ranks are severly depleted, but not exhausted. :-)

Anonymous said...

Mae and Jenni,

We talked about being "too busy" at the Zoe conference. We talked about being still and knowing that He is God. I hate that you didn't make it - I would like to have met you both. Maybe another time.
Mae - Even if Kentucky isn't in your plan, ride it out. God probably has something really great planned for y'all. You might get to Kentucky and have a blue grass baby!

Anonymous said...

Mae--
As a southern girl who was born, raised and living happily ever after in Bowling Green, KY... I can honestly say that ther are worst places in the U.S. to get relocated to; this I can say after working in many various cities across the U.S. at the start of my career. We have a great University...WKU, and many active churches in the area.
Our city usually really catches people's hearts when they visit. Which is why we've had several country music videos filmed at our town square. You should research the area a bit, you might find that it has more to offer than it sounds.
I wish you the best of luck wherever your endevours land you. God Bless!