Saturday, September 04, 2004

Hip hip hip hippopotamus...

Ok, so I couldn't come up w/ a title and I wanted everyone to sing a happy church song. Hope it's stuck in your head too. :)

This week has been absolutely CRIZAZY! I went to Huntsville on Wednesday to help Vette get settled into a new, less ghetto apartment. When the two of us get together, it's usually filled w/ more talking and shopping than it is actual work. This was no exception, but the place looks homey and cool and like she's lived there for at least a couple of weeks and not just 3 days! I'd say "mission accomplished."

Brandon has been planning to go to last nights pre-season ending Titan's game for several weeks and I've been badgering him to get me a ticket too. (I am the Titan fan in the family, not him!) While Vette and I were working away yesterday B called and said there was an extra ticket ~ WOO HOO! So I left Huntsville around 1:45, got to L'burg by 3:30, rolled the hair (b/c it hadn't been blown out and looked pitiful) and we hopped in the car to head to the Coliseum in Nashville by 4:00. (Those trips alone equal Mae being the car for WAAY too long!) The game was lots of fun, we even got to have appetizers at Mulligan's and enjoyed watching the people all around us. There were lots of families, and during half time the 4 &5 year old community football leagues got to play on the field. They were precious! B's favorite parking garage is in Printer's Alley (should be a 'nuff said, but I'll continue for any non-Nashvillians) which also happens to house stripper row. Let me just say that matching couple mullets are alive and well in the ole' Printers Alley. And the next time I am w/ the hubby in downtown Nashvegs (which will be next Saturday for Kenny Chesney's concert) we WILL NOT park in Printer's Alley!!! Unless we're running short on cabbage and I need to make a special appearance at the Showgirls Lounge... Kidding folks, kidding! :)

Tonight I am meeting my sister (Lynette) and sis-in-law (Karen) in the 'Boro (aka Murfreesboro, but that's just too long to type out) for a girls night out. We'll end up either at Toot's for some fried dill pickles, or Outback for some Alaskan king crab legs. Yummy!

Until then I am going to work on the laundry that has piled up in our dressingroom, talk to my hubby, and enjoy an afternoon nap.

Happy Weekending to you and yours!

Tidings of Joy... and non matching mullets in Printer's Alley! :)

2 comments:

SG said...

OK I'm still stunned that you just said "holy crap" on Mike Copes blog! Now you need to make a special appearance at the Showgirls Lounge??? All I can say is Freed Hardeman grad students sure have changed through the years! :) LOL Have fun and eat a fried dill pickle chip for me!

Mae said...

I am sure that if polled, every single one of my grad school teachers would agree that I am most definitely not a typical FHU student! They love me anyway... as does the rest of the world. Maybe I should run for president???!!! :)