Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Randomness All Around

I had my first Psychopathology (from here on out to be known as Psycho) test tonight. I was expecting more dates and definitions and history since that was the material covered. Instead I got questions such as this:

"Egor, who lives in the Dark Ages, is diagnosed with having paraniod scitzophrenia. Which mental health provider would he go to for help? A. Psychiatrist B. Monk C. A mental health asylum D. It was the Dark Ages, he wouldn't have gotten any help."

Come On! What the crap??!?!!! I was flustered to say the least... I'm sure the grade won't be so great on this one. At least I know what NOT to study for the mid-term.

On my drive home, I found a rock station that actually picked up for most of the drive. It was so great to hear Journey, Pink Flody, Skynard (I can never spell that right.), CCR, The Marshal Tucker Band, and so many more. Later into the drive it turned into Big Hair Band Night / Two for Tuesday with Joe Elvis. Great stuff! When he played Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody I automatically went back to the sceen from Wayne's World and did the head banging ~ it was such a freeing thing!!!

All of these old songs got me to thinking about what has molded my musical taste. Our record collection was full of Daddy's favorites: Skynard, Marshall Tucker, Pink Floyd (I think), ZZ Top, Led Zeplin, The Outlaws (Willie, Waylon and the Boys, was that just one record or more?) and Momma's things: John Denver, Olivia Newton John, James Taylor (?), Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, Alabama, The Judds. Adding in our Mickey and Minnie Do the Disco, John Denver and the Muppets Christmas, and The Chipmunks Family Christmas, plus my grandparents and thier neverending blue grass recordings, it's no wonder my taste in music is so big ~ it's like a smorgusboard of genres!

I love music. Daddy was in a band for a while ~ one of those long haired hippy rocker types back in the late 70's and early 80's. He can play the acoustic guitar and sing Desperado and still give me chill bumps. I want to be able to play the guitar, just because. I dappled in the banjo and upright bass for a small time, but I'm such a weenie that I couldn't get my fingers to the calloused point in order to really be able to play.I can't imagine how much fun it would be to sing & play my children to sleep or have a jam fest in the living room ~ even if it's singing Mary Had a Litlle Lamb to some future little Hales.

Ok, enough nostalgia for tonight. Be safe if your in the path of Ivan, or if you aren't!

Tidings of Joy... and acoutsic guitars! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there anything better than Lynrd Skynrd's "Call Me The Breeze"? Nope.

SG said...

So what was the right answer to said question? O would guess d. :) Keep on keeping on!

Mae said...

Egor would have gotten help from a monk, or none at all. I'm not sure ~ not exactly up to date on my Dark Ages History! I could look it up, but then I'd just stress out over trying to remember how I answered other irrevelant questions and how many I may have guessed correctly... Deep, healing breaths... Deep, healing breaths... Peace and calmness in, frustration and Egor out...

SG said...

Val has a caption thing on his blog yeaterday..I think I'm the only player. I left a comment there just for you! :) NO STRESS NO STRESS NO STRESS I used to think if I kept saying something eventually my body would acclimate. Does it work?