Monday, September 20, 2004

My mouth is not controllable...

... we'll just blame the meds.

Tonight in class, Dr. Cravens was talking abou all the possible Doctoral degrees that are offered (most definitely not one of his more interesting lectures). One that came up was the D.M.V. for veterinarians (not the dept. of motor vehicles, duh Mae Anne!) and he asked how much we had spent at the vet's office lately. After taking the highest bidder, Dr. C said that one of his clients had spent $1600 on a pet in the last two months. To which I commented under my breath "or you could use a bullet and get there faster." Well, Dr. C kind of heared a bit of it and asked me to share w/ the class, who in turn boo'd me. Hey, all I can say is that none of them must have grown up on a farm, or remebered the end of Old Yeller. Call PETA on me if you wish. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Tidings of Joy... and healthy animals ( you dang vegans!) :)

4 comments:

SG said...

I actually love animals but I guess farms and ranchs are alot alike... The animals are animals the people are people. I did once spend a $100 to find out my shitzu had gas! For pity sake! I think my sister should have been a vet but instead she teaches kids(human not goat)to read. I think she made the right choice, though she will never make the money she would have as a DMV.

Jenni said...

I can honestly say that I can never imagine spending $1,600 in two months on vet's bills etc for a pet! Lots of better ways to spend that kind of cash, imho. My thoughts (as of now - I will allow for the possibility of changing my mind in the future) are no pets, no way, no how, not ever.

Clarissa said...

I am just laughing at you. You are hilarious!

My grandfather always threatened to take his shotgun after cats if they approached his property. Never dogs, though.

Anonymous said...

It is also more honest and respectful to do it yourself, than to take that loved pet to a strange cold place to die at the hand of a stranger.

Whose Paranoid