Sunday, September 26, 2004

Erasing with Mr. Clean

The rewards for diligently searching for a Mr. Clean Majic Eraser are simply endless! Tonight B came home with groceries and 2 boxes of THE BEST cleaning tool that has ever come into contact with my little hands! I have been happily rubbing away at spots all over my house... I didn't even have to put any elbow grease into getting the shoe marks beside the washer (where we toss all of our outdoor shoes that I don't allow to come past the laudry room)! I see a new addiction coming into my life.... and it's lookin' c-l-e-a-n!

Today was so great. The last Sunday of each month we have lunch in the family life center and then the young men do a 1:00 service and so our entire afternoon and night are free to do whatever we please. It was such a beautiful day. Fall is in full force. I am basking in the moon light, enjoying the breeze from my open window and I'm being serenaded by the crickets, locusts, and the babbling of a nearby stream. Isn't God's handy work something spectacular??!!

Thursday and Friday I went down to Huntsville to help Vette put up pictures and stuff in her apartment. While I was there we took advantage of her Costco membership. I hadn't ever been to a Costco before, but boy howdy, it was something to behold! I stocked up on Chritstmas cards and the cutest gift tags EVER!

Speaking of Christmas, it's just around the corner. Last week I went to Ross and got all four neices and nephew outfits (Osh Kosh, Tommy, Guess, Lmtd. 2 ~ non ghetto & non too mature pieces for the girls), two paris of shoes, linen place mats, and a Nine West bag (as a Christmas gift for either my sis or sis-in-law) for $150. It averaged out to a little bit less than $10 per item. Hello! I love the savings! I had to really get in and dig to be able to piece the outfits together (b/c you most certainly can not put non matching labels together for an outfit. BIG no-no!), but it was so rewarding to get such wonderful deals AND be finished with their gifts so early! Go Me!

Tomorrow I'll hopefully find out about the case management position. I've been thinking a lot lately about how fast we'll be able to get rid of all of our debt with the extra cabbage I'll be bringing in ~ that will just be FANTASTIC! Here's to paying in cash and setting up our children for generations to come.... we hope!

Happy Monday to you all, and as always...

Tidings of Joy... and serenading insects (as long as they stay outside)! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mae- I, as well, have found the joys of the Magic Eraser recently! You can also clean the cracks of the marble tile floors in your house with very little effort! Shew- a huge relief to those of us that hate to clean!! You are awesome-love and miss you. Hope to see you soon!! Krysta :)

SG said...

When you get finished erasing your house caom on down and erase mine! Hope all goes well and you get the new job!

Clarissa said...

Yeah, paying in cash, debt-be-gone! Let's get debt-free!!