Friday, September 17, 2004

Ivan has left the building...

...and he's left his mark on us forever. I just can't believe how this hurricane has impacted so many people in so many places. Brandon and I live in Tennessee's Tornado Alley. Seriously, Lawrenceburg holds every bad weather state record with the exceptoin of snowfall. We're pretty used to tornados coming in and sweeping things away ~ I've seen at least three that were up close and personal. In November of 2002, Manchester(our home town) was ripped apart by one. Hurricanes are a completely different story all together. We had several trees and power lines down and were without electricity for a few hours last night, incredibly blessed and spared immensly compared to onther parts of the Southeast. My prayers are with all that were touched and experienced any sort of loss from Ivan.

During the power outage last night was one of the most peaceful and quiet times that B and I have spent together in our three years of marriage. He is usually pretty stressed out over bad weather, but last night we were both very clam. I had all the candles lit and the radio was playing soft tunes and sending out weather and police updates. We ate dinner by candlelight and just talked and read magazines. It was very nice and kind of like a snippet of how I hope things will be when we're an old gray couple ~ just peaceful and happy in quiet moments.

I had an interview yesterday for an adult case manager for people who have been diagnosed with mental disorders& others who are are mentally retarded. It was a really easy going interview w/ the case management suprevisor and her boss. The whole thing lasted a little less than an hour and I thought it went pretty well. One of the questions was by Mr. Boss, he was looking over my transcripts and said, "I can tell by looking at your resume and transcripts your religious backgroud. I'm not allowed to ask you about that, but one thing I can aske is this... (long, dramatic pause, I'm having heart palaptations while the seconds tick loudly by) Are you ok with being cussed at?" My resopnse was, "Holy crap, you bet!" Nah, just kidding. I actually said, "Yes sir, I have a grandpa who missed his calling as a sailor. He taught me a lot of what not to say!" After that we all had a good laugh. That goes down as the most interesting interview question I have ever had.

Now I must finish filling out the 16 page application and get B to give it to the ladies who sit behind the bullet proof glass at the Mental Health Center. How's that for a welcome, we're here to help you invitation? A bit over the top in my opinnion, but then, I am not sitting in their seats either.

Happy Friday everyone. I am getting a much needed cut and color today, it's time to go back to the fall / winter brunette shade. I may even treat myself to a pedicure too!

Tidings of Joy... and grandpa's that cuss like sailors! :)

P.S. Spell check still isn't opening ~ oh well.

1 comment:

SG said...

Hope you get the job! What a great answer to an almost illegal question! Does he mean cussing from clients/patients or from co-workers? :-)
Mr Boss: "See we only hire heavy cussers here. Could you share your favorite cuss word with us please?"~A Mad TV job interview.
It's late. I think I need sleep. Take care Mae!