Friday, February 18, 2005

Well,

I ended up staying home yesterday. Hilda called on Wednesday night and said that she'd rather have me come on a day when Ron/Poppy is back at the apartment and can't be alone than when he's in the hospital w/ everyone there to look after him. One of his sisters was going to drop by on her lunch break and sit w/ him for a while and Hilda/Grammy had been leaving him alone for 3 and 4 hours at a time. Brandon and I will probably go this weekend. It will be a much easier task to do w/ him by my side, holding my hand and guiding me along. Thank you all so much for your encouragement and prayers. I appreciate it so much.

I got a call this morning from my sister-in-law. Dede's/Mawde(?) (my step-mom) brother-in-law, Phil Moffitt, passed away suddenly this morning. His wife found him in the bathroom. They believe it was a heart attack (he had numerous physical problems, his heart being one of them and I believe that both of his parents died the same way). The arrangements are being made now and Brandon and I will spend this weekend in both a hospital and a funeral home ~ not exactly my idea of a good time. (Ugh, being a bit selfish today, but that's just how I feel.) Please keep Debbie (his wife), Kenny (son) Donna, Brady, Hannah (daughter-in-law and grandchildren), Desi (daughter) Robert, Natalie, and Max (son-in-law and grandchildren) in your prayers.

On a very different and exciting note... I felt the baby move for the first time yesterday!!! It was so neat and when I realized what it was I almost cried. She's been moving around a bit today too, but I can only feel her when I'm very still. My tummy is growing a little bit more each day. I have been in the "energetic" phase for a couple of weeks now and it feels so fantastic!

Yesterday our house was officially put up for sale. It's sad to see the sign in the yard. On Saturday the realtor brought a couple by to look at the property and since we were home he asked if they could come in and see the house. I immediately freaked out! It was NOT READY for a walk through ~ neat ~ yes, clean ~ yes, but lived in and not the way I wanted it to be! Clothes were folded and on the love seat and breakfast dishes were in the sink, but I let them come in anyway. They liked it a lot and are coming back on Monday w/ their parents (a young couple w/ an 18 month old and another on the way ~ we think they are first time home buyers). It would be neat if we sold the house in 5 days!

Brandon heard that the tenetive closing date for Murray would be in August. Anyone remember when this baby is due? Yup, August. That's just how things work in my life! All I can do is laugh about it. We were thinking of renting some place in L'burg until it shuts down, but we only get he movers once and I don't want to have to live out of boxes for months on end. B's been talking about going to Manchester for a while. That would be so fun ~ we've never lived closer than two hours to our family, but I don't really see the point in going there either. My vote is to just go ahead and get settled in KY. Since I almost always get exactly what I ask for, I'm pretty sure that it won't be very different in this case (insert naughty giggle here)!

Ok, must do yet another class ~ someday I will have a master's degree and this will be over with, but today is not that day!

Tidings of Joy... and feeling baby Hale! :)

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

The only thing I miss about being pregnant is feeling the babies move. Here's a trick: drink a cup of orange juice and lay on the couch. I think the sugar riles the babies up but I always did that if it had been a while since they moved. Congratulations!

Clarissa said...

Yes. I miss that, too. At least the early days of the movement. Sometimes toward the end you want to tell the kid to just BE STILL AND STOP KICKING ME IN THE RIBS!

:-)

Susie said...

The ribs, Clarissa? Wish my younger two had kicked me in the ribs. I think they stayed feet down until the last minute. YEOWCH!

But Mae! How neat it is to feel the baby move for the first time. How exciting! : )

SG said...

OK, that is what I do miss about being pregnant! That little movement saying that another person is growing inside! That is just wonderful! So happy for you!!!

Clarissa said...

Okay, Susie, I didn't want to be crass (I'd NEVER ...) but many was the day I'd say, STOP KICKING ME IN THE CERVIX!

Ya happy now? I would've done anything to keep from feeling THAT lovely sensation ... I'd have gladly hung upside down if it would've helped ... whew! But it was funny, too, and Rob always loved hearing about where the latest kicks and elbowings were occurring. It's fun toward the end where you can tell which of the baby's body parts are where, too, and you can SEE them move.

Enjoy, Mae!!