Wednesday, February 23, 2005

T.M.I. From my world

Alrighty, I'm jumping on the 100 list of obscure things about Mae bandwagon so here goes...

100. I'm the third of four children.
99. The oldest of two children.
98. And the third of six siblings. (figure that one out and I'll get Val to send you his Next to Nothing Award)
97. I am a Daddy's girl.
96. Sometimes that could be irritating, esp. when I was doing things I shouldn't have been.
95. I'm incredibly spoiled.
94. I love that I'm incredibly spoiled.
93. There are numerous things that bother me.
92. Such as... tags sticking up on someone's shirt.
91. People saying things like "fanger" or "thur" instead of "finger" or "there".
90. Loud chewers / food smackers / someone who chews the cood louder than a cow.
89. Gum smackers / poppers.
88. Loud talkers.
87. People w/ a wandering eye (Hello? Which one am I supposed to make eye contact w/?!)
86. Feet. Buick ma'guick.
85. Slow drivers in any lane that happen to be in front of me.
84. Driving through horse poop after the Amish have been on the road. It stinks.
83. Having to go into a room at my OB's office after a stinky Amish family has been in it.
82. Stinky people.
81. Dirty fingernails.
80. Dirty hair.
79. Mulletts.
78. Anyone who wears socks w/ sandals.
77. Anyone who wears their pants too high or too short.
76. Loud things unless they're done by me.
75. Not being in control.
74. Getting into trouble.
73. Noises in the car, however, my solution is to just turn up the radio.
72. On to things that don't annoy me... such as food.
71. I love food.
70. Right now, I'm really into home cooked food.
69. I'm enjoying being pregnant.
68. I'm not enjoying people feeling like they have the right to feel my stomach ~ back off skista!
67. I love going on trips, but I hate the ride back home.
66. My favorite city to visit is New Orleans.
65. My favorite vacation spot is a private resort in Santa Rosa, FL.
64. My least favorite place to visit is the hospital.
63. My favorite shows are.. ALIAS.
62. Live w/ Regis and Kelly.
61. Newlyweds.
60. The Bachelor/ette.
59. Sex and the City. (Yes, I know the ones on TBS are much cleaner than the re-runs on HBO, but still ~ I like to watch it!)
58. Desperate Housewives.
57. Extreme Makeover Home Edition.
56. American Chopper.
55. Gilmore Girls.
54. One Tree Hill.
53. ER.
52. Will & Grace.
51. I watch too much tv.
50. I'm in graduate school.
49. I've been in school non-stop since I was 5. (And before that went to "Toosde / Thursde school" aka "Mother's Day Out")
48. I love school.
47. I do not love to study.
46. I was very often the teacher's pet.
45. I got away w/ doing lots of things both at home and at school.
44. I cheated on lots of stuff.
43. I love to have a clean house.
42. I hate to dust, I'd rather clean toilets.
41. I don't touch raw meat ~ it makes me gag.
40. I don't do very much cooking ~ that's what my husband is for.
39. I honestly believe that girls should not take out the garbage or weed-eat.
38. That's also what husbands are for. (Not that you should have more than one husband at a time, but if there's a lot of garbage and too many weeds, it may be something to consider.)
37. I am a Christian.
36. I am a C of C'er w/ rather "liberal" views.
35. I have been a member of 5 different churches.
34. I have attended 6 different universities, but I've been registered at 7.
33. I think I'll be in school forever.
32. I was obsessed w/ orphans when I was little.
31. I wanted to be an orphan on the weekends that my older brother and sister were gone.
30. Mom wouldn't let me.
29. I have a baby brother, but I'm treated like the baby in the family.
28. I LOVE getting pedicures (esp. French or American ones)
27. I can now get a pedi at Wal-Mart, but I highly doubt that I will.
26. I love to read.
25. I'm not a good dancer (as my brother says, "Hey, I'm white, C of C and southern ~ that does not equal skill on the dance floor.")
24. My fingers are hurting from all this typing.
23. My tummy is getting very big.
22. I'm not sure that I like it very much.
21. I get stressed out VERY EASILY!
20. I often stress over dumb, useless things.
19. I have 2 grandmothers, 1 step-grandmother, 1 grandmother-in-law, 1 great-grandmother, and 1 grandfather who are still living.
18. I have moved 13 times in 7 years.
17. I love to live in a new place, but hate moving.
16. I love to drive w/ the sunroof open, the windows rolled down and the music blaring.
15. I've worn glasses since I was 9.
14. I'm incredibly anal.
13. Being anal can be an endearing quality (just look at Monk!).
12. I buy vehicles way too often.
11. My first vehicle was a 1985 pearl white El Camino.
10. I wrecked it so often that Daddy bought another one to get parts off of.
9. I've only had one speeding ticket. It was in Macon, GA at 2:00 in the morning and when the state trooper opened the door for me he said, "How in the Bee-Jesus fast was you a goin'?"
8. Apparently it was 83 mph.
7. I've never had a cavity.
6. I still have all of my wisdom teeth (only 3 have come in).
5. I love sappy movies and books.
4. My sister is one of my best friends.
3. My husband is too.
2. I'm afraid that I won't know what to do when I get my child home.
1. I'M HAVING A BABY IN 26 WEEKS!!!!!!

9 comments:

Donna G said...

I too am a closet "Sex and the City" fan. Can't stand dirty hair or nails or slow cars.

I have been known to wear socks with Birkenstocks just where I could wear them in the winter. Go ahead, call the fashion police.

Thanks for sharing!!

Mae said...

AND #101. I have a tattoo ~ as do all of my siblings, but none of our spouses. Isn't that interesting??!?!!

Anonymous said...

Tricia says: ooh ooh i (think) i win the prize for the sibling riddle, but considering i've known you your whole life, it's kinda cheating....it is lynnette and jay's little sibs, right? that was a fun list, mae. good luck with the job search. any of those places listed sounded pretty cool. start running if they say oklahoma... (sorry if anyone reading this is from there:)

elizabeth said...

love the list! I also think husbands are for taking out the trash but also for filling up gas tanks. I had my last car five months before I knew where the gas tank was!

Also, its nice to meet someone with as many pet peeves as me! People who say "that" instead of "who", "good" instead of "well", and "hopefully" to start sentences. Don't even get me started on manners and personal habits!

Love the pic, by the way.

Hopefully, the girl that I am writing to is doing good!

Serena Voss said...

Okay, no fair! I give up. Explain the sibling riddle to me.

SG said...

OK the sibbling thing completely confused me. Great list! I had to chuckle to myself a bit and wonder how many of thses things will change with motherhood. I like the new picture...When did you go blond?

Beaner said...

Cool list - I love Alias too - my hubby & I just rented Season 1 on DVD a couple weeks ago & now I'm hooked! We watch 3 at a time & I can't imagine having to wait a whole week between episodes! Anyway, I am also very liberal too - just check out my 100 list & you'll see why! My bad Chicago grammar has me saying things like: "Can I go with?" and "We'll pick that up when we go by." I like to end sentences w/a preposition & it drives a bunch of people crazy! I also have a tatoo - I forgot that on my list - mine is a comedy/tragedy mask - what is yours???

Mae said...

Re: The sibling riddle: My mom married and had my older brother and sis, then divorced, remarried and had me and my younger brother (hence 3rd of 4 and 1st of 2). Later, my bro and sis' dad remarried and had two other children, making me the 3rd of 6 siblings. (Tricia ~ you cheater!)We all spend the holidays and our neices and nephew's birthdays together ~ we're very fuctionally dysfunctional! The age difference b/t the oldest and youngest is 22 years ~ how's that for a time span???!!!

Re:The tattoo. It's in the small of my back and is a blue, green and yello sunburst about the size of a half dollar. I got it the first time I moved away from home as a sort of declaration of independence. And it's on my back so that when I'm old and wrinkled and it's a puddle of mud instead of a sunburst, that I won't have to look at it.

Re: Going blond. It's my Spring / Summer color; the pic is from a wedding in the summer of '03. I usually go blonde from March until late September, but I'll have to consult my OB this year. :)

Susie said...

ROFLMBO!! Loved the Georgia state trooper tale. HA!

Your OB should okay highlighting your hair (I did it when I was pregnant), but the thing is that with your pregnant body chemistry, you never know how your hair will come out! Mine came in 100 different shades of red, orange, yellow and white. It didn't look too bad, but it was defintitely different than I had been doing it. My hair stylist about fell out! LOL.

Cheers! : )