Saturday, February 05, 2005

Control Freak

I enjoy being in control of the things that happen all around me. This can be anything from how people chew their food or gum to how they say things or how they are dressed (I will go up to strangers and tuck in their tags if they have clean hair and clothes). This is mainly directed towards the love of my life b/c he's the person I am around most of the time. Today, a room in my house is being painted in preparation for the baby(ies) {I'll be so glad when Tuesday comes and I can put either one or the other!}. Brandon a.k.a. "Mr. I Don't Paint" is doing the painting b/c I can't be around the fumes w/out doing damage to the bambino(s). It's a rather difficult task to sit idly by and let him do his thing. Oh-well.

Our neighbor (also named Brandon) has just returned from a successful day of hunting and has offered us some "fresh meat" ~ Dear God please make my husband say a gracious "no thank you."

Have any of you ever been to St. Pawley's Island? It's off the Carolina coast (from what "Mr. I Don't Paint" says anyway). We're supposed to take a family / business vacation there this summer w/ B's co-workers and families. The date is "sometime b/t June and August" according to Mr. District Manager Man Brad. I requested that it be before mid-July and that children avert their eyes when I put on something to wear on the beach at 8 months along. Our last business / vacation was last January to Cancun ~ it was one of the best times I've ever had and I'm looking forward to this summer, but am somewhat apprehensive about it as well. Any info on the place would be appreciated.

Going now, "Mr. I Don't Paint" has been talking for way to long to "Mr. I Kill Things & Eat Them On A Regular Basis." No unprocessed meat in our house ~ thank you very much!

Happy weekend blog family! :)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you about the "fresh meat". I guess I'd like to think my chicken has been dropped on the floor at the processing plant rather than just picked out of the coop! I can't stand it when my mother talking about her grandmother wringing that chichen's neck just before cooking it for Sunday lunch!

Susan - said...

Ugh! I'm with you. My father-in-law goes deer hunting every year, but he know by now that I will not eat it or cook it for my husband. His Mom does that for him.

Susie said...

ICK! No meat that didn't come from the supermarket in my house either! : p