Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Songs in my head...

This is currently the song in my head that won't go away (not too different from the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends...). Feel free to sing it with your children over meatloaf and creamed potatoes. Is it stuck in your head yet? :)

Great green globs of greasy grimy gopher guts,
Mutilated monkey meat,
Petrefied porpose puss,
Great green globs of greasy grimy gopher guts,
And me without a spoon.

Great green globs of greasy grimy gopher guts,
Scab sandwich puss on top,
Monkey vomit, camel snot,
Great green globs of greasy grimy gopher guts,
And me without a spoon.

Great green globs of greasy grimy gopher guts,
Parrot eyeballs dipped in glue,
Scab sandwich just for you,
Great green globs of greasy grimy gopher guts,
And me without a spoon.

Great big gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts,
Mutilated monkey meat,
Toasted little birdie's feet,
French fried eyeballs swimming in a pool of blood,
And I forgot my spoon.

Great big gobs of greasy grimy golpher guts,
Hairy little piggies' feet,
Mutilated monkey's meat,
All cobbed off with ventilated vulture's puke,
And I forgot my spoon.

Ahh, I love the internet! You too can find lyrics of songs that you lovingly sang to your mom in the car while waiting for your brother to finish with baseball practice so the enitre family could pick up little hamburgers at the DQ and have a relaxing night at home.

Tidings of Joy... and mutilated monkey's meat. Mmm, mmm good.

9 comments:

Mae said...

Is anyone a bit freaked out that we sang this song to the same tune as "I'm in the Lord's Army"? Come on, it bothers you too, right?!?!??!!

SG said...

EEEWWWEEE! never heard that song before. Thanks for sharing... I think.

Jenni said...

I never did know all the words to that song....thanks for starting my day with a queasy stomach!

Susie said...

UGH! And I only knew the words to the first line. Sounds like that was a good thing! LOL. If I sang that while I was pregnant, I'd be praying to the porcelain god at the thought. ; )

Anonymous said...

My youngest nephew sings that... I think I'll teach him the rest of the words. My mother taught it to me - it can't be THAT bad!

Beaner said...

I knew this sone BEFORE I knew 'The Lord's Army'. Now I know why the Christian song always sounded so familiar!!! Thanks for connecting the dots for my brain!!!

Clarissa said...

I have to admit, I couldn't even stand to read through the words. Only made it through a verse or two!!

K said...

THANK YOU!!!!
We were actually trying to remember all the words to that song a few days ago. The memory was prompted by my sons singing "God Bless My Underwear" at a cub scout meeting... That was a new one for me.

Grace and Peace,
Kim

Donna G said...

I must have missed that whole gopher gut era.

I would tell my daughter to e-mail you, but then she would know I blog about her and she would kill me. Thanks for the encouraging words though. It is weird to me how often I have heard of this syndrome when 2 weeks ago I didn't know what it was.

Yours is a great success story!