Monday, February 21, 2005

Umm...

Turns out, we're not Kentucky bound. The mighty powers that be at GE decided that the current customers in KY can be handled on a part time basis by someone other than my incredibly talented, people pleasing, hard working husband. What does this mean for the Hales? Only God knows at this point and no matter how much I ask, He's not talking. Brandon was told this today by one of the other sales guys who will soon be moving into a management position. Now Brandon is busy contacting the regional managers in our area looking for new job leads. He has a phone call to his current regional manager in the morning to, hopefully, find our more info. Not what we were hoping for. I'm trying to think positively, but tonight it's just not working ~ maybe tomorrow will be different, at least that's what I hope. Maybe this will be our opportunity to get back to Coffee County ~ what a treat it would be to have our entire family w/ in a 20 minute drive! That thought certainly helps to clear the rain clouds. :)

Hey, wanna buy my house? We think that the second walk through today went well, though we do not know that for sure. Our realtor left a message asking for the past 12 month average of the electric / gas bill to be faxed to him. To us, it sounds like they are trying to see how their budget will work if they buy the place. I just hope it works out for a family to be as happy here as we have been. It's a great home w/ a long list of happy memories.

Today I went shopping in Huntsville for some badly needed maternity clothes. I took a friend from church and one of her friends and we met up w/ my long time friend, Vette, who bought me Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go. It's a book inspired by Dr. Seuss' work to read to your baby while still in utero ~ it's a really neat little gift. Thank you Vette!

I'm exhausted both physically and mentally. Sweet dreams and rest to you blog family. Till the next time ~ Good day.

7 comments:

Donna G said...

I know you don't want to hear all the "If God closes one door he opens another", but just think how exciting to go door looking! You will be in my prayers!

Serena Voss said...

Sounds like we are both in a state of transition without a definite destination in sight. Pray for me; I'll pray for you. God is not talking to me yet, either. Hug that life growing inside of you for me.

Love, Serena

Anonymous said...

Tricia says:" sorry mae, that everything just seemed to turn upside down! Brandon has always had good relationships in his workforce, and no doubt he will get good recommendations and leads. and hey--forget regional--get him to ask about work in sunny arizona. c'mon...it's a dry heat.:) luv ya.

SG said...

OH MAE!
How this brings back memories!
I found out I was Pregnant in June and in October my position, (a position that had been around for 30 years in an orgnization that had been around for 40) was eliminated. They found a place for me being that I was pregnant and all, but really!!!! The stress!!! The day after our DNC from my first miscarriage, Rob was let go from his job... He actually had taken a position elsewhere and was waiting a few days to give his notice, but still...
Then with Rhett, I was 6 months pregnantwhen Rob went back one night to get some tupperware and found his boss changing locks and taking computers out!!! He had sold the company with out letting us know. Again Rob had a job with in a few hours, but the stress! We joke now that we can't have another baby because we don't want to move or loose any jobs!!!

The moral to this post-long-comment is that we were really stressed but it always worked out! It will work out for you and Brandon to!

Clarissa said...

Move to Nashville!

Susie said...

Wow Mae. ((BIG HUGS!)) My husband and I are just coming out of The Great Job Hunt. I'll keep you in my prayers. I know how not fun that uncertainty is. I don't know how helpful it is or not, but my mantra was, "We are STILL in God's fully capable, loving hands" Every time our life took another frightening turn, I had to hold on to that thought.

Anonymous said...

Mae - I wish your house were in B'ham for the same asking price - Aimee and I would take it off your hands - no questions asked!!