Wednesday, January 19, 2005

It's the little things...

I just returned home from the Ladies Bible Class and a wonderfully fattening lunch at the Chinese Buffet w/ my dear hubby to see that the sweet irises I transplanted from one of my friend's "menopause gardens" are popping up ~ spring will soon be in the air, according to the irises anyway.

Today is the hearing for Murray's future (or so it seems to be, the lack there of). The only company that put in a bid was Briggs & Stratton, but only for the equipment, no real estate or workers. Even if the plant were to stay open we'd more than likely be heading to KY b/c they use Nalco chemicals as opposed to GE. Lots going on. Does anything ever settle down?

Having just finished lunch, I appear to be at least 3 1/2 months along, maybe 4. It's so funny how my tummy grows after just eating or drinking. This morning's Lawrenceburg newspaper headline reads "Beached Whale Spotted in Lawrence County." Who'd a thunk it, huh?! Everything is fun and as long as I can make fun of myself I'll be ok, though I now somewhat understand the thought process behind ladies with bulemia. I ordered my first maternity outfit yesterday. (If you buy it online you don't have to see any of the perky cute little mommy's-to-be trying on things in an XS.) Looks like I'll get to decorate 2 nurseries. Brandon is getting kicked out of his office and we're making it up to be the pretend nursery to help the house sell. I think that people seeing that as a third bedroom will be better than seeing it as an office. Exciting stuff, I'm going to head to Florence sometime tomorrow and try to pick out a neutral paint color (probably something in a green or yellow). Got any vibes on the sex or #? Place your bids and we'll see who comes the closest!

Must get to class and be a good steward of my time.

Have you read Mike's blog today? Isn't it wonderful how God answers prayers and the family that this has created? So magnificent.

Tidings of Joy... and blooming spring flowers. :)


Thank you SOOO MUCH Stephanie!! The book is so funny ~ it made my day! :)

Do any of you have good ladies retreat games? I volunteered to lead us in game time ~ any ideas other than Spades, Rook, Phase 10, or Spoons? Help me please ~ my mind has gone blank in the game area!!!

7 comments:

Chris said...

dominos is an awesome game - but I have to say one of the best times we had last year was playing Cranium - if you can get your hands on a game I highly recommend it!

...wishing for flowers...

Anonymous said...

I'll help paint!!!

Vette

Anonymous said...

We had a Goofy Gals Game night once and played bingo and the prizes were "re-gifted". We also played "Outburst" with teams and had THE most fun!

I always like the boy babies! I'll vote for two boys.

Clarissa said...

Two babies. Boy and girl.

BabyJ20 said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you!! Well, a least about the baby!! And just thank God that it's not "morning sickness"!! I was singing with a group at a wedding recently and one of the girls had to duck out mid-song. Just think of it as bladder exercises!! ;)

Oooh... Quidder is a really fun game. It's like scrabble and rummy? OHHHHH!!! Then there's Mao... did you ever play that with Brewster?! ("The only rule is that I can't tell you the rules!") I can't remember the ones that I had managed to figure out now!!

Susan - said...

I vote with Clarissa, two babies, one of each.

This may not be the type of game you are looking for, but we played this at a retreat: It is called "Two Truths and a Lie" (or something like that). Each person present has to write down 3 truths about themselves and give them (signed) to the moderator. The moderator then chooses a "truth, and 3 people, including the one who wrote this "truth". She then statement and the audience has to guess who the truth is about. They can ask questions of the panel and each person on the panel has to do their best to convince everyone that they are telling the truth.

You can award points for being right if you want, but it was really fun to see who had done the silliest thing and who the best actors (or liars) were.

I am tired, I hope this made sense.

Anonymous said...

I read in the Florence paper that Murray gets 18 months in Lawrenceburg. Will y'all get to stay that long?