Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Busting at the seams (in more ways than one)...

I have this habit of doing things that I swear I'll never do... such as telling the world that I'm pregnant before I am through the first trimester. Read that again, and again, and one more time and then SCREAM, JUMP UP & DOWN, & SHOUT HALLULAH TO THE LORD ~ WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got home from the doctor and am officially 7 weeks and 6 days and the due date is August 23. I think that just on the basis that this child (or possible children ~ we'll know on Feb. 8) has 1/2 of my genetic makeup that it will be late coming into the world. Brandon and I are so excited (although I'm quite a bit more verbal than he is about it ~ surprising I know.) I have already picked out furniture and colors and all the cutsie little things that go along w/ that at Babies-R-Us. Now, we just need to win a couple million dollars to pay for it all! :)

Seriously, we are both so incredibly thankful to God, our OB/GYN, and the medicine that made me so crazy for so long. A precious gift is growing inside of me... it feels and sounds so odd. My best friends right noware the couch, my pillows, and fruit flavored Tums (I only like the orange and pink ones ~ yellow and green make me gag). My doctor gave me What to Expect When You're Expecting so I have quite a bit of reading to do for that, along with my homework for class. Hope your day is as happy as ours.

Tidings of Joy... and additions to the family! :)

16 comments:

Donna G said...

Oh Mae! I am so happy for you! Congratulations, and I will get to work praying for this baby (babies?). I know you are so excited, I am too!!

Jenni said...

How wondeful for you!!!! If Baby Hale does get your genes and is late, it could be born on my momma's bday - Aug 29. Prayers and blessings on all of you!!!

Chris said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I know how much this little one is wanted and prayed for! Take care of yourself!!!

SG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SG said...

Somehow I didn't see this secret staying secret much longer! So happy! So glad the secret is out! I assume there was just one baby? Are you going to find out boy/girl or wait for the big surprise at the end? I have done it both ways. Both are fun!
Look for something from me in your mail box soon! :) So happy for you my sweet blog sister! Prayers of prasie! Parayers for health!

K said...

Congratulations!!!
I popped over to your blog to see the news after reading about it on another (SG) blog site. What a wonderful gift. Just think, the Lord is letting you raise one of HIS children. Pretty humbling and exciting. Wow, I don't know you yet other than reading a couple of your blogs, but I'm crying anyway. What JOY!!!!
By the way, if you want a fantastic pregnancy read, get The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0671524313/104-6268593-8541528?v=glance It is by far the best Mommy-To-Be book I have ever read. It will make you laugh out loud. It will also give you ammunition to go to your husand and say "I am NOT crazy, I'm just pregnant, SEEEEEE..."

Grace and Peace (and sleep)
K

Clarissa said...

Praying for you. Rest all you want, my dear, whilst you can!!! You can talk to me anytime. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I have been checking your site daily waiting for this news. Please let me know when you find out the sex of the baby (will you know before delivery?) I want to send a little surprise to you! You'll have to send your address to me!

SG said...

Hey don't rush out and buy that book Kim suggested just yet.... wait until at least next week. :)

Anonymous said...

I've been a lurker for a few months now... so glad to hear the good news & CONGRATULATIONS! So are you turning this into your PREGNANCY BLOG now???

Anonymous said...

Mae Anne - Praise God!! I am so happy for you and Brandon!! I know this has been a long road - but you've remained faithful and so has He!! I know you guys are going to be awesome parents - you're going to be an especially great mom since you've so desperately wanted this for so long. You and Brandon will continue to be in our prayers - and now we have a little one to pray for (YAY!!)!! Kevin (and Aimee)

Susan - said...

Mae, congratulations! I am so happy for you. I also want to say: I told you so. I knew it would happen eventually, but when you posted that you were changing schools and life was calming down, I knew it would be soon. Keep us posted. Congrats again.

Mat Brewster said...

Again Mae. Congratulations. How wonderful for you two!

Clarissa said...

Good thing you're finally legally Mrs. Hale and all.
:-) And none too soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for both of you!! Now the next time you come to H'ville we can actually buy the cute baby stuff, right? That God for the "freakin' pills!"

Yvette

Anonymous said...

congratulations, mae. i know how long you've been wanting this, and praying for it. i'm so happy for both of you. i can't wait to start shopping for him/her. congrats, again. summer.