Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!

Let's take a journey in our minds back the late, great '80s. That's right my friends, let us revisit that fantastic movie with Wynona Rider "Beetlejuice". Today, Wednesday, January 5, 2005, I am legally Mae Anne McCullough Hale. That's right folks, I have been married for 3 years, 7 months, and 3 days... and I JUST changed my name. In order to do so, Brandon and I had to take a little lunch time trip to the Social Security Administration where a VERY SERIOUS "officer" asked Brandon to peacefully remove his "weapon" (a knife he uses for work) and return it to the vehicle. While we were waiting for our number to come up, the scene in BJ where he's waiting in a room with a million other creatures and his number is fifteen million away from the one that is currently being waited on popped into my mind ~ SO FUNNY ~ I was cracking up!!! There were 3 people in front of us and it took close to an hour, but you can all relax, and Brandon and I can now e-file. All that and not one shrunken head in the group! :)

Tidings of Joy... and the SSA, bless their hearts!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great to be 'official'?

Clarissa said...

So, which is it -- a reformed women's libber or a bad case of procrastination?

Mae said...

It was a case of "my husband wants me to change it so that we can e-file and get our tax return back sooner in case we have to move and pay all kinds of unexpected expenses and not to deplete our savings." Nothing more, nothing less ~ I was happy just tacking Hale on at the end and everyone else except the IRS was happy letting me do so! Were I a true women's libber, I think 'twould be hyphenated, yes?

Anonymous said...

I was so totally, and madly in love with Winona Ryder in that movie. I mean with that crazy hair, pale skin and the ability to sing Harry Belafante while floating in the air what's not to love?

My wife just kind of scrunched her names together. Now she either has two middle names or one elongated (and sort of country) first name, depending on who you ask.

That spells: Amy Beth Norman Brewster or Amybeth Norman Brewster to you.

John Owens said...

And I thought I was bad because I still have gotten my Georgia plates and driver's license. BAD PROCRASTINATION...that's all. Shh, don't tell anyone.

I was at THAT WEDDING. And you're just now making it official? Oh well, anything for a tax refund.