Thursday, October 14, 2004

Relief!

Brandon and I are back from the Dr's office (plus a Lowes and Office Max run). My anxiety was for nothing (you were right Nikki!). She just likes to have both parents-to-be (soon or current) in for the consultation and so that she can answer any questions. I was so full of emotion and so tense that when she said everything was looking great and we were on the road to reproduction (or as I like to refer to it "producing a little Hale!") (sorry if I'm oversharing!) that I started to cry. I could literally feel every ounce of anxiety flow out of my body and into the trash can. I had to give more blood (left arm wouldn't cooperate, Nurse Needle didn't want to use the same vein from last week b/c it's still bruised, and so I got stuck in both arms) and I'll get more results in tomorrow. Thank you all so much for your prayers and concern ~ love shout out to the blog family!

With all of this stuff going on, I realized today that I am starved for God. The thing is, that it's a sporadic, short term starvation. I take time out of my day to do so many other things other than "hunger and thirst for righteousness." With the hunger that Brandon and I have for this child(ren) to come, I can't even imagine the hunger that God has for us to recognize and love Him. Sitting in the car at the last red light before the Dr's.'s office, it all just hit me in the face like a cold splash of water ~ the love and compassion that I have for a baby is but a speck compared to the love and compassion that God has for me.

Thank you Father, for your love, compassion, grace and forgiveness. Thank you for moments of realization and recognition of mixed up priorities. Thank you for the possibility of being a parent and the chance to see your heart and what it must have felt like for you to create this world and everything in it. Please forgive me for being so foolish and self-centered.

Tidings of Joy... and good results! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems weird that I always check your blog to see if you've got a little Hale brewing! I am looking forward to reading that entry that let's us know the good news.

SG said...

Ah releif indeed. So you had the big O (ovulation)! Hope fpr more positive results soon!

Donna G said...

Praise God and thanks for sharing this. My internet is down at home so I checked first thing this morning for your results. Praise God, for good results and opening our eyes to His Love for us.

Clarissa said...

It's nice to see your serious side for a moment. Sometimes spiritual analogies are a stretch -- but not here. Imagine God's dreams for you! You know how strong your plans and dreams are for the life of a child not yet even conceived -- how much more strong are His plans and dreams for us? Blessings ...