Monday, October 18, 2004

Buick

The word "buick" in my family means much more than an automobile. When Shelby (my niece) was about two, she had a stomache virus. That night when Lynette (my sister) was asking her how she was feeling Shelby said, "I most (almost) buicked (puked)." Imagine the most precious little two year old in the world battling a virus and trying to relay very pertinant information, and you having to refrain from laughing when she's being so serious! Since that night, buick has taken on an entirely new meaning for me, my siblings and their children.

Today, I feel like I could buick.

How's your Monday?

3 comments:

Donna G said...

Well somehow it seems much better now. At least I don't have to 'buick'. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Jenni said...

Sounds like the time when my sister woke us up (while we were traveling and at some friends' home) to let us know she "lost her lunch." After my dad thoroughly examined the bed for the contents of her stomach, she explained that she was hungry....that phrase has never been the same since! Hope you do get to feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Mae,

Are y'all ok? It looks like the weather is getting rough up there! My mother and daddy are north of Florence and had to take shelter earlier. Y'all take care!