Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The Psycho Talking Clique

Last night I got in trouble, I'm sure you'll be incredibly surprised to find out that it was b/c of my mouth (I think I'm a direct descendant of Peter ~ foot-in-mouth has been firmly handed down throughout the generations). Anyway, there are about 3 or 4 of us that sit up in the back of the room, last night we were just commenting on aspects of bi-polar disorder and manic depression ~ not being rowdy or disturbing anyone, just making comments. After class, the professor came up to us and said (very kindly, w/ no attitude at all) "Would you all mind keeping it down? I think you're getting too cliquish back here. Maybe you should spread out a bit more to keep from talking so much." Ummm, sure, sorry 'bout that Dr. M. We'll do better next time. What?!! I haven't gotten in trouble for talking in class since the 8th grade! Note to self... "Shut the trap when in psycho."

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. It's back to the OB/GYN for a consultation about some test results. The nurse (Johnnie, who has purple hair and is very straight forward, but fun) called to ask if we (both Brandon and I) could come in as soon as possible to talk about the latest news. I asked if everything was ok and she said she couldn't tell me over the phone, but that Dr. Bullard wanted us in asap. From past experiences (mainly, my mom's loss to cancer) I know that a next day appointment/consultation w/ the doc is not generally good news. So, please keep us all in your prayers. It's not looking like a lot of sleep will take place tonight. Our appointment is at 3:30, so if you can, just lift us up to God sometime around then?

Friday is Sisters day out. I am meeting Lynette in Fayetteville and we're gonna head down to Huntsville for some good, no child with, just the two of us shopping. I don't think that's happened since Shelby was born eight years ago. I am VERY ready for it.

Speaking of Shelby, her fall break is next week. If I am not employed by then, she'll come and spend a few nights w/ me and her "Uhnkul Braundun". It'll be loads of fun, we'll go shopping and four wheeling and watch movies and eat in the living room floor. Then I'll send her back home to her momma who won't be able to put up w/ her for at least two weeks. I LOVE being an aunt (or as we say ~ aint)!!!

I'm off to attempt to get some sleep, anxiety has definitely crept in since this afternoon.

Tidings of Joy... & hopefully some good news from the doc! :)

3 comments:

Donna G said...

Mae, you and Brandon will be in my prayers. I will be especially praying at 3:30. Have faith, all will be well.

I can totally relate on the talking in class, still have trouble keeping this trap shut. Don't let the stuffy professor get to you...

Clarissa said...

Praying for you RIGHT NOW. I only just now read this.

SG said...

What CC said! I wish I had read this earlier. Let us know!