Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Lost Thoughts

I'm not sure if it's the combination of medications that I am on, or the fact that I'm aging, but my memory has gone to pot lately. For instance....

Last week I sent off several packages to friends around the country. One of them was to a dear friend, Netta, who lives in New Orleans for her birthday and a little noisey toy for her 18 month old son, Kaleb (isn't that what aunties are for? loud, annoying toys?!). I also gave her a phone call (had to leave a message) and sent a corny e-card. I get VERY excited about giving gifts, almost to the point of being prideful, b/c I really am a pretty good gift giver (although my sister can almost always one-up me. I guess it's genetic.). I got a voice mail from Net yesterday saying thank you and that she had something hillarious to tell me. At that moment, it all clicked, her birthday isn't until the end of October! Yep, I'm an idiot. We laughed until I had tears rolling down my face over that, and she had had a really bad day and the package helped improve on that, but still, I reached a new level of dork status with that one!

Losing my memory and having to memorize so many theories and theorists for school isn't exactly a good combination. On Saturday I got up at 4:30 to get to school early and make sure that my power point was working well, get note packages from other group members together, and make sure that we were all on the sams page as to what each person was doing with their part (control, I like it a lot!). Sunday was church and to reward myself on a job well done w/ the presentation and getting through a mid-term, I did a little shopping, watched the Titans get horrendously smothered (what' s up w/ Tennessee sports lately? come on boys, you can do it!) studied for more tests, did two journal reviews and woke up again to study more all day yesterday. Needless to say, I was exhausted last night in class. Usually I think I can do a pretty good job of faking energy, but my teacher asked 2 or 3 times if I was ok. Then on the way out, he gave me a hug and said if I needed anything to call and he'd help me with whatever I needed. Is that not the sweetest thing in the world??!!!Dr. Cravens, you ROCK!

Do any of you know things I can do to help improve my memory? It's gotten really bad, I'm quickly tunring into my gran ~ not finishing sentences and repeating myself a lot. Did I tell you I'm having memory problems? The other day I... oh wait, I can't remember if it was last week or last year... umm, who was that guy in that movie where he did that thing?... I know you just told me something, but I have no idea what it was... I said I'd do what? When?... For the love ~ make it stop!

Gonna study for my Psycho class ~ I will come out of it with at least a B, even if I end up re-taking it next sememster w/ a different teacher!

Tidings of Joy... and remembering... anything! :)

4 comments:

SG said...

S T R E S S
It will do more to you than you can imagine! I hate to say it but, SLOW DOWN! The medicine you are taking can't battle stress too! I think stress is zapping your mind. Either that or you are trying to keep up with so much you are loosing some of it. I do this often. Take care of yourself Mae! Your the only you you have!

Clarissa said...

My m-i-law makes my f-i-law take gingko biloba (look at GNC) for his memory. Don't know if it helps or not, but someone, somewhere, said it does, so she makes him take it.

Anonymous said...

Netta has an 18 month old kid? WOW!!!

hey, listen to these guys and slow down - everything will get done -

take care mae - kevin

SG said...

Did you loose your way to blog land? Where are you?