Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Welcome Flip Flop Season!

The first day of March (in my world, anyway) brings w/ it the beginning of Mae's flip flop and sandal season. This wonderful season lasts through late October and requires a couple of things ~ 1. freshly pedicured toes & 2. new colors of flip flops to match any outfit! Woo~hoo!! I sadly must postpone wearing my flops for a few days. There is snow falling from the heavens and I'm not getting a pedi until this weekend. However, I am still incredibly excited that spring is so close!

Pregnancy has been good to me so far. This time next week I'll be into month number 4 and just a few weeks later we'll be half way through and know that I'm having a little girl! Until this past weekend, I didn't think I was very hormonal at all. Not so! Along w/ the raging hormones, I have contracted some random rash that has an unbeknownst origin and my appetite goes from ravishing every two hours to being turned off immediately at the smell of food. I'm not nauseous, I just can't seem to eat much ~ three bites of jambalya last night for supper was it. (Although, Brandon did make a special trip to Captain D's to bring home some of their tasty breadsticks!) It's all just interesting going through and still exciting. I haven't felt the baby move since Thursday night and I'm incredibly paranoid about anything going wrong.

Did any of you become extremely afraid of your husbands being abducted or having a horrendous car wreck while you were pregnant? I've gotten really off the wall about B leaving ~ even if he's just going out to feed the dog. It's even worse now that he's traveling more. He's in Nashville, Murfreesboro or North Georgia at least two days a week and it doesn't rest well w/ Mrs. Paranoid. Just wondering if anyone else had the same feelings.

Brandon found out from one of the plant managers yesterday that Murray will not be open past the end of September. It's good to finally have a date for the end of stuff here ~ things were much more stressful not knowing if the place was going to close down tomorrow or sometime next year. If any of you know of a sales / chemical rep / good paying job in the south please let us know. B found a really great sounding job w/ GE doing the same things he does now, only w/ a higher salary, but it's in Montana. Granted if it's Montana or nothing, I'd be on the first plane there, but this gal has never lived out of the south or more than four hours from home and she really doesn't want to now!

I've got a mid-term to do, a class to take and tons of reading to catch up on for school, so I guess I need to quit procrastinating and get to work... right after a shower... and maybe some lunch... or a nap... or an episode of a Baby Story... or... well, nevermind. Have a great day and get our your flip flops! :)

8 comments:

Jenni said...

Girl, I wear flipflops 365 days a year! I never let my toes get yucky, but I have come to a point that my pigs can be naked in the winter. But in the spring/summer/fall, they are always painted some outrageously creative color. After all, if you can't wear neon blue toenail polish, what can you do? :-)

Susie said...

LOL--I can't wait for flipflop/sandal weather either. I don't bother to paint my toes during the winter--we have an old house that just requires houseshoes in the winter. I am SO ready to get my toes painted and wear the sandals! And I think when you're pregnant, flipflops become essential by the 7th month or so. At least they were for me! LOL!

And oh yes--I do remember the husband paranoia. I wanted him right there with me (as if I could have stopped anything bad from happening to him--LOL).

I'm glad that you have an end date. I'm still praying that God reveals a perfect job for your family. : )

Cheers! : )

Donna G said...

I never had the husband paranoia, but I have an independent streak that is a mile wide!!

It is always flip-flop/sandal season in my world. I don't even get too upset if my toe-nails are only half painted. I knew a guy with a foot-obsession once and I sure don't want to attract any of those!! It is a good thing you love flip-flops though, having a summer pregnancy and all!!LOL

Anonymous said...

Montana is BEAUTIFUL!! I went on a road trip to the Grand Tetons and Yellow Stone with some friends from Auburn. We had an awesome time (even when we had to buy gas from an old man because all the service stations were closed on Sunday's)!! All of my pictures look like postcards!! You, Brandon and the baby are in our prayers. Kevin

Anonymous said...

What if you have a boy? If you don't want the boy baby, I'll keep him sometimes.

Mae said...

Thanks TL, it's not that I don't want a boy... it's more that I have this overwhelming feeling that I'm carrying a prissy little princess. As much as we went through to have this baby I'm not picky AT ALL! It's just a feeling I have. Boys are fun, and if that's what the rad-tech tells me is rolling around in my tummy I'll be just as elated as if she tells me it's a girl. We'll know for sure in 5 weeks ~ contengent upon the baby's cooperation during the ultrasound. :)

K said...

I miss my flip-flops and it won't be sandal season here for a couple more months. I gave my toes a break this winter too. They were starting to look a bit funky when I took the polish off. Now the funk has all grown out. (TMI? hehe)

Anyhoo, just a bit of quick advice that you probably won't follow. Don't watch "A Baby Story." After watching a bazillion episodes, my friend Heather caught ONE (yes, just one out of the bazillion but it only takes one) that freaked her out. She was terrified that her baby would be born GREEN! I'm here to tell you that Nadia was perfect peaches and cream but momma and pappa (especially pappa, poor poor Tommy) didn't need to worry about that for the last 2 months.

Clarissa said...

Yes, I was always afraid something would happen to Rob. And with my imagination, well, I carried it all the way through to the funeral (and the songs, of course.) I'd even cry, I'd be so into the whole thing. That's when you know you need to get a life!!!