Tuesday, March 22, 2005

End Scene.

I love vacation time. It's getting back into reality and dealing w/ adulthood that seems to put a damper on the whole trip back home.

B and I had a wonderful time in the Smokies ~ regardless of mullet sporting, sock w/ sandal wearer's. Of course, we didn't do Ober, so I'm sure I only saw a small percentage of the mulleteers.

We spent Sunday in Asheville and Hendersonville, NC which is more than likely the area we'll be moving to when we leave Lawrenceburg. We drove around Hendersonville expecting to see family neighborhoods all over the place. Much to our surprise all that we found were retirement communities, homes in excess of $250,000 and a neighborhood that we thought may work out, but turned out to be a Habitat for Humanity area. It seemed to be either feast or famine in H'ville. We just didn't get a good vibe about the place. So we headed for Asheville expecting it to be a similar and a bit ritzier situation. Again we were surprised, but by the normalness, all be it, yuppie-esk areas that we drove around in (all near the Biltmore ~ go figure!). Once the house is under contract we'll contact a GE certified realtor and get moving on finding a new home that we may actually be in for more than 2 1/2 years!

B was given another job offer w/ the same company which would allow us to move back home, but require him to be gone about 75% of the time. We've talked and talked and prayed and prayed about it and decided that it'd be better for our family situation for him to be home all the time and us be a longer distance from family than for us to be surrounded by family and him not really be an everyday part of the baby's life. Plus, I'm really not as highly functioning as a person if he's not around. I think I'd go stark raving mad and that just wouldn't bee good for my future professional life as a marriage and family therapist. If the Asheville situation doesn't work out, we'll take this job for a while until he can find something that will allow him to be at home every night.

The job B currently has is very cushy. He leaves around 8:00, is home at lunch for an hour or so, and back again by 3:30 or 4:00. I am incredibly spoiled and used to having him here. I hope that this sort of thing will be able to continue, but w/ the responsibilities he'll have in that particular management position in NC, I highly doubt that will be the case.

The house has showing #3 tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed, we've only got a little time before we have to be in a new city. Being able to buy a new house in the new place will be great as long as our current home belongs to someone else at the time.

Brandon and I have been tossing around names for the child. We're trying to make words w/ her initials. So far the one we have is HAH! We really want a SHH, DUH, DOH, and B wants a BOB, but that doesn't exactly seem possible. The name is a secret, but I'm not above giving out initials! Besides, I'm so fickle, it's bound to change in the next day or so.

Have a fabulous Wednesday all. I'll be w/ the retired gals at our weekly gab session, a.k.a. the Ladies Bible Class. It's such a fun time ~ something I'll dearly miss when we leave.


7 comments:

Donna G said...

How about Anthony Allen Hale....AAH

Serena Voss said...

Hang in there. My prayers are with you as you put your house on the market, move, have a baby.....

Wow! Lots of changes!

Hugs, Serena

SG said...

Ashly Ann Hale AAH!

Clarissa said...

Ursula Grace Hale -- UGH!!

joking!!!!

Denise Olivia Hale -- DOH!

Hattie Elizabeth Hale -- HEH!

Beaner said...

Olivia Opal Hale - OOH!

elizabeth said...

I like Dorothy Ursula Hall...
DUH!

Initials are an important consideration. My initials growing up were EAR. My dad's is MARS (senior at the end) my brother's is MARJ (junior). My grandfather's was CAR and my other grandmothers was MES.

elizabeth said...

Wilma Opal Anne...
WOAH!