Thursday, March 03, 2005

Random e-mail from some guy I've never heard of.

Hey ya'll. I got this e-mail from a couple of people I've never heard of, but thought that I'd share it anyway...

Fellow CofC bloggers:
I'm putting together an aggregator for Church of Christ bloggers. If you're not familiar with aggregators, they're useful tools for bringing together posts from all aggregator members on one links page. They're updated periodically and they're a good way to keep up with what's being said on a particular subject.
If you'd like to see what an aggregator looks like, here are a couple I already belong to:
Please let me know if you'd like your blog to be included in the Church of Christ bloggers aggregator. If so, please e-mail me and include your blog's URL your reply.
There are many CofC bloggers (including the much-read Mike Cope) whose e-mail addresses aren't available on their blogs. Please spread the word and let them know they're invited, too.
Peace,
Milton Stanley
http://transformingsermons.blogspot.com

I just got back from the doc. Yep, I've got the funk ~ a.k.a. Shingles. They put me on Valtrex ~ you know, the VD drug that is so eloquently advertised on tv? Umm, hmm I get to go to the most popular drug store in town and get herpes medicine. That's a real self confidence booster, let me tell ya!

Nurse Johnnie w/ the purple hair was listening for the baby (the pulling I felt was just her moving up ~ she' s above my belly button already!) and had a hard time hearing her. Johnnie's exact words were, "Umm, hmm, this is a girl honey, I never have this much trouble out of boys." Woo~hoo!!! See, I'm not the only one who thinks so. We finally heard the heartbeat and the swishing of my placenta (didn't you want to know that?) and all is well. I have to go back on Tuesday for my regular monthly checkup w/ Dr. B to get some tests done, I think. Can't remember whether these are optional or not...

Lot's to do and time's a waistin'. Caio baby.

6 comments:

Clarissa said...

Oh. Dear. I had Shingles about 3 years ago. Was awful. Glad you can take something for it while you're pregnant.

elizabeth said...

During my second pregnancy, I got a wmall funny looking place on my forehead that kept scabbing over due to the changes in hormones. My doctor put me on a medication that is primarily used to reduce the swelling of genital warts, so I feel for ya sister! P.S. It worked like a charm! :)

Beaner said...

After I got my tatoo I was told to put Preparation H on it to reduce the swelling & help it to heal. I don't remember anything weird to take during my pregnancy - except that they gave me medicine that Chemo patients take for all the vomiting. I hope you feel better soon!

Susie said...

Oh, Mae, I hope it's a girl. I think every momma needs a daughter. But boys are so very sweet, too. I'm glad your appt. went well except for the Shingles. I'm sorry you have those. Maybe the meds will work really quickly! : )

Cheers! : )

SG said...

Dad gum I have been trying to comment forever! OUCH shingles? I hope you take it easy and rest! I never had anything while pregnant, but I would haave freaked out if I did! Glad you are not doing that! I hope you are having a girl too! Take care and rest, rest, rest!

Milton Stanley said...

Sorry - not much advice to offer on pregnancy, but thanks for posting my invitation to join the CofC aggregator. Hope things go well for you and your baby, and I hope you're over the shingles by now. Peace.