Thursday, March 17, 2005

Vandalism and Thievery

We've been having problems in our neighborhood lately with missing items and tattered patio furniture. As it turns out, my dog is to blame. She's spending the next week in canine juvy while we skip town to avoid the papparizzi.

My mother-in-law asked Brandon if it was ok for her to buy the baby's furniture for our Easter / Anniversary gifts... hmmm, let me think about that for a minute. HECK YEAH! Woo~hoo ~ shopping is going to be so much fun! Not that we will take advantage of her generosity in any way. We've been looking at stores on the internet and checking prices on e-bay for ideas of what we like and what is a definite no. We're more than likely going to get a cherry sleigh bed convertible set and a dresser w/ the changing table and pad on top. I found a rocker / glider / cutsie / chair deal in a small store in Huntsville and I can't wait to order it. They custom make the things for a very reasonable price and it looks like a regular piece of furniture instead of the wooden contraptions that can only fit in a nursery. Do any of you have ideas for what you couldn't imagine doing with out or items that were useless? Any comments are more than welcome!

I must hit the books and watch another class before head out to Gatlinburg and Asheville. Have a wonderful Spring Break and be careful if you're traveling. :)




1 comment:

Karen said...

The convertible furniture is a good idea. You will get so much more use out of it. I didn't even have a crib after my first baby; she wound up sleeping with us most of the time. It seemed like such a waste of space for the second! So now my 4th doesn't even know what a crib is... he calls them a baby's "crate" or "cage."