Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Signs

On the oh-so-long drive I take to and from school each week, I see some very interesting sights ~ namely church signs. Break into the Tesla song, "Signs, signs, everywhere the signs. Blockin' up the scenery, makin' my mind. Do this don't do that, can't you read the signs..."

Ok, top four:

4. Don't Wait on the Hearse to Get You to Church.

3. Dirty Bibles Lead to Dusty Lives.

2. Stop, Drop, and Roll Won't Work in Hell

1. My Last Name Isn't Damn It - God.

I kid you not. These are the words that are supposed to invite people in to learn about the LOVE of Jesus? Come on!

Tidings of Joy... and better signs that that! :)

4 comments:

JS said...

like those? go here...
http://www.churchsigngenerator.com/churchsigns.php

and of course someone has beat us to the idea of making a book out of them...

jamison

ps... im sure I know you from somewhere...

Mae said...

Jamison, I only hung out at your apartment (when it was you, Brew, and Sipper, and later Kuhn)for an entire year '97 - '98! Bet, Merri, and I all ran together, but I was in A.D.Psi, not A.A.A.

SG said...

Once in a class we talked about what church signs would say if there was total truth in advertising. Our class came up with some really good and bad truths. The one I remember most was "Members Only" Ouch!

JS said...

YAHOO!
We know each other!
I hate it how I knew so many people from way back when and the older I get, the fewer I remember. Kind of sad because living in that apartment was the most fun part of my life, had lots of friends hanging out there often. If I could go back in time, thats where I would go...

Back to the church subject, there is a church next to Dalraida (the one I go to) that has a huge sign that says "SINNERS WELCOME TOO!!!"

If they had left the "TOO" out it would be okay, but it makes me think that they are NOT sinners, but they welcome sinners, as well as perfect people...

hey, check out my block sometime, I have my latest dream posted, very wacky...

jamison