Sunday, October 09, 2005

ZOE





Jon Owen (Hey, I laughed out loud last night in church when we sang, for the first time EVER, "You are the Song that I Sing." We needed a little Jerome W. in there a la you.)

(L to R Front) Beaner, DJG, TL, (Back) Jenni and Me at the mega early breakfast on Saturday morning. (I would link to everyone if I had a bit of extra time, but HAH is currently doing her yeddie cry ~ that's when she REALLY means business!)

I guess you all have heard most of the details already about who all met. The weekend was TRULY a blessing... worship was an incredible experience, Jeff and Mike were AWESOME, and the classes were good. To be completely honest, I along w/ some cohorts who shall remain nameless (but MAY be pictured above) skipped out on a class session or two and communed w/ each other ~ that was probably my favorite part, along w/ Mike's video!

Things I learned at ZOE...
1. When your yahoo map sux nuts and you are lost, call Jenni cuz she's mega prepared and can get you from Bell Meade to Woodmont Hills. Yeah, if you don't remember I'm the Middle TN girl and Jenni's from TX ~ really I'm an intelligent person, I promise!

2.If you happen to fall asleep in a class session and the older gentleman next to you taps you on the shoulder to make you wake up, the best remedy to the situation is ditching class and heading to Starbucks w/ a good pal (who shall also ramain namelss).

3. Sheryl Thomas can sing like no other woman I have ever heard in all of my life.

4. The interpreters made words come to life in their movements ~ truly beautiful!

5. When sitting at a red light beside someone who drives a new Tahoe and reside in Cullman, AL, squealing tires and racing is pretty fun... just watch out for blue lights.

6. How old were you when you learned what snail mail was? 'Cuz I was 25!

7. Jeff Walling could be Billy Crystal's voice double. His reinactment of Matthew was INCREDIBLE!!!

8. 728B, need I say more?

9. P.F. Changs and O'Charley's w/ friends = what I think the Lord meant when he gave us an exaple of communion.

10. I came away refreshed, full of hope, and wanting more... seriously, we have to wait a whole year for the next one????

4 comments:

Donna G said...

OK everyone who looks at the above picture, please know that I just took a bite of cinammon roll and was trying futily to swallow before the picture was snapped....

Oh, and I seemed to live a charmed life with the ole' blue lights....!! Not that I would race!

Jenni said...

I love the Top 10 list, Mae!! It was so great to be able to meet and hang out with you this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Yea! We had a bunch o' fun didn't we?

jettybetty said...

Are you saying the class at Starbucks was one of your favorites??

The Mike Cope video was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

It was so wonderful to meet you--you are such a sweetie!

JB