Thursday, October 20, 2005

It's so hard not to laugh...

Working with teenagers is definitely (a spelling word for this week!) amusing at times. For instance, today one student, we'll call him M, just HAD to communicate w/ another. It was of utmost importance but neither of them had the priviledge (not a spelling word, maybe we'll work on it next week) of talking. In order to get around not being able to talk, M decides he needs to blow his nose (at my desk ~ EWWW ~ I got the anti-bac wipes and germ-x out immediately!!!) and will pass a note to R while en route to the de-booger station. Of course, M isn't all that smooth in his deliverance so the note falls on the floor. My assistant asks for it, reads the contents and brings it to me... this is too good to NOT share.

"Dude. I'm toadaly hookin up with Rebekka this weekend."

After reading that I had to leave the room to laugh... Thank you God for only going through puberty once!!!

5 comments:

jettybetty said...

LOL!!
I hope R enjoys a *toad*!
Gotta love those kids!
Yes, once is enough on puberty for us all.

Donna G said...

This is why I am not a teacher, you blow your nose in front of me, you are going to the office....to stay!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like M is pretty confident! At least he was planning in advance!

SG said...

See don't they make you feel better about your spelling? :)

Susan - said...

I agree, that was funny and I would never want to be a teenager again!