Monday, August 01, 2005

Boggle Anyone?

Since I was hired to teach a new class one whole day before school began, I feel as if I am perpetually behind. What I am doing is a completely new program so I have to develop the curriculum as I go based on my students' test scores, abilities, and state standards. On top of that, my maternity leave begins in 3 weeks (yes, that's one whole day before the due date) and I have to prepare for the time that I'll be out as well. Good grief! Who said being a teacher was an easy job??!?!?! At least I can wear flip-flops! :)

We have every last thing for Hadlee that we can think of... except for the whole knowing how to be parents thing, which I'm sure will kick in either about the time she leaves for college or calls and needs us to sign a release form for the latest COPS episode. Take your pick.

Classes are almost over for this semester at SCU. Thank goodness! I have put very little effort into the whole grad school deal and my grades will probably reflect it... B's are acceptable every once in a while. Just try your hardest to convince expectant mothers to stay away from grad school and the world will be a place where we can all get along. (Insert random Jon Lennon moment here"Imagine all the people living for today... You may say I'm a dreamer, but I am not the only one. I hope someday you will join us, and the world will live as one...")

Brandon is back w/ my nightly craving ~ Mad Cows and Fruity Pebbles (Yes, I know they are actually called Brown Cows, but I couldn't remember that when I was trying to explain what I wanted and the term Mad Cow just stuck.) Mmmmmm. Sugar and chocolate the only thing that could make me happier at this moment would be to not be pregnant any more. At least I've got the Mad Cows! :)

4 comments:

Jenni said...

I must ask.....what are Brown (aka Mad) Cows??

Serena Voss said...

Mae, Double Wow!!!!!!

Sounds like you have some exciting developments ahead!!!!! I will be praying for your challenging opportunity and your new phase of motherhood!

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

I watched "Upside of Anger" last night and one of the daughters was named Hadlee (probably spelled differently but...) I couldn't help but wonder if our HAH will be like her.

Mae said...

Jenni, Think chocolate dipped cone from the DQ, but on a stick. Yummy!!!