Wednesday, July 27, 2005

So, I got this job...

and it pays about 3 times more than I've ever made in my life. Plus, right now I only have one student, an assistant and a special ed teacher in the room to help move things along. Yep, I'm getting paid to basically socialize a "troubled teen" and get him back on his merry little way. I get to model and teach restaurant etiquette and then we get to take a field trip to O'Charleys as a test ~ it's all about the hands on learning here people! Seriously, it's for real. AND, I don't even have to worry about the half days that I'll miss due to dr. appointments... cuz they're cool like that. AND I can even wear flip flops to work, no kiddin'.

Ok, now I must finish a paper on counseling couples dealing with infertility. It only has to be five pages... under normal circumstances I could probably spill out about 50, but I'm so tired and consumed w/ this whole "job" thing that it's taking me longer to get the paper done. Once that's finished (by tonight) I have 3 more papers to do by Friday night (including watching three 3 hour classes, not so much fun) and I'll be finished w/ another graduate class. Woo~hoo!!!

We're going shopping this weekend for the last of the Hadlee things (until she gets here, anyway). Target makes me happy and getting things for our daughter just makes me down right ecstatic!!!

26 more days.

Thank you all SOOOOO MUCH for the advice about the baby stuff. I felt much better after reading it ~ and I have a list which always calms my nerves. Ya'll are great ~ blugs! :)

3 comments:

Donna G said...

Congrats! I knew you would get a great job and by george that one sounds down-right perfect!

I felt no need to jump in on the baby advice, but will echo the sentiment to just relax. You will figure most of it out as you go...just like the rest of us did!

26 days!!!!

Kristen OQ said...

That sounds like a great job -- perfect. I always love it when God just puts the right opportunity there for me to take...His power at work.

BabyJ20 said...

WOW!! What a fantastic job Mae!! Congratulations!!