Monday, August 22, 2005

Hadlee



Here's our little snuggle bug ~ isn't she the cutest thing you've ever seen??!?!?!!

She is resting peacefully right now in her bassinet, which is vibrating, a TRUE gift from above! I am feeling better each day, but still having blood pressure measurements that are off the charts. I have to take medicine for my bp until my post partumn checkup in a month and then we'll see what happens from there.

I am also working on putting the story of her birth to paper ~ mainly so that she'll be able to look back on it when she is my age and has questions about things. One thing I will try to do on a regular basis is to write down what is happening in our lives (blogging is great for many things!). I just want to know that if Brandon or I are not around for her when she gets curious about things, that she'll have our thoughts and feelings down to see her life from our perspective. Does that sound morbid, or just overly mushy & mommyish?

Ok, I'm tuckered and there is laundry waiting to head to Tide, Downey and Bounce land. Have a fabulous day. Thank you for all of the warm wishes. :)

12 comments:

BabyJ20 said...

Aww... she's so cute!!! And that's just mommyish to want to do that... I don't think mommyish counts as overly mushy?? I guess only if it's someone else's mom being that way to you... then it's overly mushy!! ;)

Beaner said...

She is beautiful! I love the way babies tuck their fists under their chins like that! Too cute!

I think you will discover a slight increase in your "death thoughts" now that you have a child. I did when mine were born & I've heard other people have too, so don't worry about that - it's normal.

Time to stock up on that laundry detergent - your laundry loads will triple now that you have a little one!

Anonymous said...

She looks really sweet! Of course, don't they all look sweet when they're sleeping? Just teasing you - she really is pretty.

Donna said...

What a cutie!? Glad things are going well.
Great idea to write things down for her. I kept a journal with my 1st one for quite a while. It's fun for me to go back and read, too, even now. I can't say that I've done that for my 2nd, but I have started his scrapbook!
Blessings to you!

Donna G said...

She is precious. By all means write down everything. It will surprise you how much you will forget!

It only gets sweeter from here....

Kristen OQ said...

She's a beautiful daughter who is lucky to have parents that love her so much.

Hope you are still recovering okay from your c-section. I had PIH with both my boys (and a c-section with my last one) -- the "not vacuuming" is wonderful.

Go and take a nap!

Serena Voss said...

How precious!!!!!!

Jenni said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I had lots of those thoughts too...and I know you can't help but miss your Mom. Blessings house of Hale! May you discover new life as a party of three! SG ...can't remember my blogger pass word...for the love!

Chris said...

What an ANGEL!! I just love newborns! So sweet! Ya done good, kid!

Kevin Farrar said...

what a beautiful answer to prayer!! we're so happy for you and brandon!!

Mat Brewster said...

That's lovely Mae. Congratulations a million times over. She is lovely.

A great gift you have here in this blog. Years to come you will be able to read all of these last posts to your child and let her enjoy the coming of her life.