Sunday, August 28, 2005

Lessons Learned


Well, I guess since I've been a mother for two entire weeks that I should enlighten the world on some things Brandon and I have learned about Hadlee...

1. If she isn't hungry, tired, or poopie and she's crying, then it must be a tummy ache.
2. When in doubt, use Mylicon!
3. Her grunts, facial expressions, sighs, snoring, and every other noise are precious.
4. If she's sleeping it doesn't matter how uncomfortable the position looks ~ just let her sleep.
5. The black tar my look gross, but at least it doesn't stink or fly across the room.
6. There isn't a more frightening feeling than not knowing what to do to make her feel better.
7. She loves to watch COPS and Kung Fu Chow movies.
8. The sily songs I make up almost always go to the tune of an Adam Sandler song.
9. When she looks into my eyes, my heart melts.
10. It's an exhausting job, but we wouldn't trade being parents for all the gifts in the world.

4 comments:

Donna G said...

You begin to realize how precious sleep really is...for both of you. She is a doll!!

Beaner said...

LOL!!! Adam Sandler songs??? Hilarious! Have SOOOO much fun with her - they really, REALLY grow up fast!

Chris said...

...non-stinky tar...ah - those were the days...

K said...

Sounds like you have all the answers. All the important ones anyway.

She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations.

Grace and Peace,
K