Friday, April 08, 2005

Sugar & Spice or Snakes & Snails?

I am not a patient person, nor am I one who likes to be left out of the loop of knowledge. I guess you could call me stubborn or perhaps hard-headed... I truly believe this child will be just like me in every way (her father is the polar opposite in each of the afore mentioned characteristics). We were unable to check out the "important" area in order to determine the baby's sex, she just floated there pretty as a peach w/ her legs crossed in a very lady like fashion. The rad tech, nurse, and doc all think that HAH is a girl (heartbeat was b/t 150 and 160). I was so disappointed and even shed some tears. Oh well, the baby is healthy and doc is pleased w/ our progress. Her brain activity and growth (10 inches and 1/2 lb) are all in line w/ the projected due date. All's well, I'm just left out of the loop for the time being. We'll try again between weeks 30 and 32 (late June / early July)~ maybe HAH will cooperate then. My sister also told me that they have an ultrasound machine at her office we can play around with the next time Brandon and I are in Manchester.

We've had three house showings this week... looking forward to having a contract put on the place sometime in the near future.

Tomorrow B and I are off to Birmingham to visit w/ some friends and do an area survey. It's on the list of possible re-location areas. I'd much rather be there than in North Carolina, but we really don't have a clue as to where we'll end up. The plant isn't closing until Sept. 30, so we have at least that long to find something else. The other option for now is a job where he'd be traveling constantly, but we'd be back at home. I'd rather live away from home and see him on a constant basis ~ call me selfish...

I'm going to soak some strawberries in sugar water for strawberry shortcake and put cucumber slices in salt water. Just a few cravings coming my way! :)

Have a fantastic weekend.


9 comments:

Clarissa said...

Oh, dear, I know it's torture. That happened to me a couple of times, too. But, he/she is already who he/she is to be ... and you'll find out eventually!!

Who wants to place bets? I'll put my money on a girl.

Donna G said...

B'ham would be cool. Terri and I are just up the road in Cullman and you could worship at Crossbridge with Greg Miles.

I will go with Clarissa on the girl thing, although my grandson did the same thing in his first sonogram.

TMK said...

Oh I pray you will get a little girl! I have 3 boys and I/we tried to have a girl on the last one, but the "important" area was showing like proud little boy! If HAH is a boy, you will have the time of your life. They are so fun. Good luck and praise God that little HAH is healthy.

SG said...

Man!! I too really wanted to know! I know you are disappointed. Go play with the ultraspond at your sisters! You seem so sure, I really hope this is a girl!!! Will you be OK if it turns out to be a boy??

elizabeth said...

I thought about you all morning. I would have cried my eyes out if they had told me they couldn't tell what I was having. That day was almost as important as the birth! You are very patient.
P.S. The heartbeat thing was right with all three of mine!

elizabeth said...

Oh, and B'ham would be great! My dad was raised there and we used to go several times a year to visit my g'ma. I wish my entire family would pick up and move there!

SG said...

P.S. I meant that last question in full drama jest... I know how much you wanted this baby and I know you will be fine boy or girl! Just playin' with you! Just take care and enjoy what you can of the little miracle groing inside you!

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about going and having a 4D Ultrasound done? You could probably find a place in Nashville. 18-20 weeks is the best time to go and they always to a gender determination. It isn't covered by insurance, but if you don't buy any stills or the video you could get out with only paying about $90. Just something to think about... I did it when my 20wk ultrasound was inconclusive because I couldn't wait any longer! And it was a wonderful experience. -Kim

Serena Voss said...

Hi Mae,

Yes, it is hard to wait. It looks like your little bundle of joy wants to keep you in suspense a little longer!

Hope things go well with your house. I know it is difficult not knowing where you will be moving. I pray that all will go well for you!