Wednesday, April 06, 2005

?

We just returned safely from a fantastic trip down to Mobile. I've "done" Inner City work before for a while in Montgomery, but this was an entirely new experience. Instead of just riding the bus to pick up the children and take them to Tues. / Thur. evening studies (not that this isn't an important job by any means!), we were in their homes trying to make new contacts for Chuck and attempting to show them the one thing we ALL have in common ~ the love of GOD. I haven't yet fully processed what happened; I'm not sure that I ever will. What I can say is that it makes me take a look at what I do in my walk w/ Him and want to toss it out the window b/c it is nothing compared to what I am capable of doing. I also have so many questions. Some that I will probably post on here and some that I am sure only the Good Lord himself can answer.

What I do know for sure:
* People in the Inner City are precious chilren of God.
* Mother's in the Inner City are the foundations of the family and home.
* They have struggles. I have struggles. Some we may share, and others we may not, but we all are just trying to get from here to there w/ safety and securtiy.
* You can't map out the "Five Steps to Salvation" for someone who hasn't ever heard of Jesus, who doesn't know how to find Bibile passages and can't imagine how God is going to help them put food on the table.
* It all begins w/ forming relationships, showing God's love, telling them the story of His love and showing them the right way to live.
* It's incredibly exhausting work, but the rewards are immeasureable!

********************************************************************************

Today marks the half-way point in our pregnancy! Woo ~ hoo!!!! Just two more days until we find out what's swimming around inside of me... Holy Moses am I afraid to find out, for fear that I'll have to eat my words! ;) Excitement abounds.

Off to nap before services tonight.

3 comments:

Clarissa said...

Sounds like a great trip. And can I just say -- your mother would be so proud of you if she could see you now ...

:-)

Donna G said...

What a wonderful experience. I know the anticipation is killing you on the baby thing. Life is getting real full at the Hale house!

Clarissa said...

WELL!?!?!?!?!? Your adoring fans are waiting for the news ...