Wednesday, December 01, 2004

On this day in 1978...

At 5:39 p.m. I came into the world weighing in at 8 lbs. 1 oz., 21 inches long, and a week and a half later than expected. My parents named me Mae Anne (which according to my mother should never be considered seperate names, even though my first name is Mae and my middle name is Anne, she'd pass out if she knew there were more people who shortened my name then there are people who don't!) for several great grand mothers ~ everyone in our family is named after someone, I'm just named for several different someones.

Now, it's twenty-six years later. I have to say that I've accomplished quite a bit in those 26 years, with even more goals to reach in the years to come. I'm not looking forward to being in my late 20's (my friend Vette and I decided that your aren't technically in your late 20's until 28, so we've got a couple of years left to go yet!) but I am looking forward to seeing what my future has in store. It's a great day to be alive, and an even better one to celebrate being loved and having a wonderful family (blood relatives, Christian family, and blog family).

Tidings of Joy... and celebrating life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAE ANNE

Donna G said...

Ah Mae Anne, may the next 20 years bring you as much joy and happiness as the first 26, you will surely go beyond that, but at present my knowledge is limited beyond that realm... but so far looking good.

Happy Happy Birthday, we're so glad you blogged.....

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! I'm so glad that you blogged and shared a fun picture! As one in the "late 20's" era (I'm 28), I've got to tell you, it's pretty good. Doesn't feel much different than the mid-20s, really. Glad that you stop to enjoy each and every day! :-)