Saturday, December 04, 2004

Having a moment

On Saturday nights after the Suze Orman show goes off, I make a trip to the closet to pick out church clothes for both Brandon and myself. I usually have to iron at least two or three pieces of clothing, make sure that our outfits look nice, and that we match to a degree. Tonight I just can't do it. It's one of those "nothing in my closet works anymore" "I just wore that last week" "I need a new wardrobe" nights, which sucks, b/c it just means I'll have to do everything in the morning. Oh well ~ here's to procrastinating until tomorrow!

Monday night at 9:00 my time at Freed-Hardeman University will come to an end. I am really looking forward to starting classes at Southern Christian. The classes I am taking have already been filmed and are archived, so technically I could take one whole week and do an entire class. I don't plan on doing that, but it's a nice idea! I do however, plan on hitting things hard and getting ahead while I'm motivated, that way when the lovely spring weather starts to creep in, I won't get panicky and behind with school. Yep, that's the plan ~ ask me in April how well I've stuck to it...

Things with Brandon's job seem to be heading in a Bluegrass state direction. The big company that is currently looking to buy Murray is Briggs and Stratton. Murray owed them $40 million before they claimed bankruptcy last month. According to the Tennessean, Briggs and Stratton is considering buying parts of Murray for liquidation, not moving into the plant. Buh-by Lawrenceburg ~ this place is going to be a ghost town when that plant shuts down, and an incredibly poor one at that. I am doing pretty well with the thought of moving north. In many ways, I am ready to be in a town that has a mall, movie theater, Target and Starbucks all in one place. Plus, we've been checking Bowling Green out on the internet and from what I gather it's not that big of a city (think smaller than Memphis, lower crime rate, less chance of being attacked by a hoodlum who wants your faux Vuitton purse). It's only about an hour north of Nashville, so we'll still be pretty close to home, it'll all be good. And the real estate seems to be attainable, especially if we get the good moving package that includes GE buying our house if it doesn't sell after a few months.

I'm pooped and the clothes aren't going to iron themselves, so this tired gal is gonna hit the sack. I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend and have a relaxing and Spirit filled Sunday (along with the rest of the week).

Tidings of Joy... and ironed clothes! :)

1 comment:

SG said...

A very belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! For some reason I had problems posting comments last week, but I thought about you!
Don't we all have thise moments!Maybe a move will be good, ormaybe somethng else will come along. Maybe God has been trying to prepare you for a move with the school and the job thing. Whateve I just know you and Brandon will do great! I will try to e-mail you soon my sweet blog friend!