Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Today my life is sad...

Not sad as in full of sorrow, pain, or loss, but sad as in ~ having no desire to move, function, or be sociable. In fact, I didn't even speak today until 1:30 when I called to check on Brandon. He usually calls me by 10:30 just to harass me. When I didn't hear from him by lunch time (he always comes home, which helps break up the monotony of my day) I was sure that he'd been abducted on his way to work, taken hostage and was being held for tons of $$$. Why was this pertinent information not on the news? Why hadn't an eyewitness called to inform me of his immediate danger? Why hadn't I gotten a phone call from his abductors?!! Well, because he was in a meeting until 2:00 that's why. Hmmm, ok, so we don't live in a highly dangerous place, it's a bit out of the ordinary for things such as 30 year old men being abducted, but still, it could happen.

As I type, my living room floor is covered with presents and packaging which have yet to be united as one and honeymoon under the tree. I just can't get motivated to wrap anything. I'm perfectly content to let it stay in the floor until we have to leave for Manchester next week.

Want to know how a gal can make an A in a graduate class and still only have a 2.0 gpa for the semester? It's called dropping a class and taking an incomplete in another. Yeah, Mae great streak your on with the gpa, keep up the lousy work.

I have somewhere b/t 50 and 60 Christmas cards ready to send out, but b/c my middle name is "Anal retentive" I can't send them out until I have matching holiday stamps and return address labels. At the rate I'm going, it'll be Easter before they reach their individual destinations.

Bah humbug.

4 comments:

Serena Voss said...

Mae,

Sounds like you really need to have a few hours with no agenda.

Hugs, Serena

Anonymous said...

By the way, they're OUT of Christmas stamps! I CAN'T send my cards! Well, at least out of the stamps I wanted. But, I'm with ya - they're addressed!

Clarissa said...

I'm with ya. I'm sitting here in tears after several attempts, phone calls, decisions, and indecisions as to how, when, and where our families are going to celebrate Christmas together. I'm ridiculously stressed and want a nice dark hole to crawl into at the moment. Need more drugs.

SG said...

In the high pitched but adorable words of Annie...

"The sun will come out tomorrow,
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be SUN!
Just thinking about tomorrow wipes away the 2.0s and sorrow, till there's none!
When you're stuck with a day, that's grey, and lonely
Just pick up your chin, and grin, and saaaayyyyy OHHHHH
The Sun'll come up tomorrow, presents can be wrapped tomorrow, Cause I'm MAE!
Tomorrow, tomorrow I'll mail Christmas tomorrow!
It's still 10 daaaayyyysss aaaaaaaawwwwaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!



Thank ya, thank ya. I'll be here all week! :)