Monday, December 20, 2004

No funkus among us...

I am feeling much better. I guess I just needed a few days to wallow in Mae-ness and be a pessimistic, granny-grumps, pain-in-the-derriere. It feels good to be past the blahs.

Yesterday my dad's side of the family celebrated Christmas at his grandmother's, Mrs. Mattie Jane Tenpenny's (is that the cutest name in the world for a 90 year old 4'8'' woman or what??!!). It's really nice and very non-stressful. There are so many of us that no gifts are exchanged (Ma Penny, as we call her, gives out some $$$ to her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great-grandchildren ~ I can't even name everyone!) and we all just sit around, nibble on some fantastic food, and chat away. It's a lot of fun to visit with family and then say good bye after a couple of hours of picking on everyone.

I just got a call from Brandon, apparently his work Christmas party is going to be a Valentines weekend trip for the co-workers and their wives to Tampa ~ for FREE! Last year we all went to Cancun, but had to pay half (that was such a fun trip and worth every penny!). I love the perks of his job! I've never been to Tampa, and February is usually so cold and rainy in TN ~ it'll be a BLAST!

Speaking of blasts, the weather has changed to BUURRR-UH cold. It was 9 degrees last night, after being almost 50 just Saturday. Daddy always says, "If you don't like the weather in Tennessee, just hang around for a couple of days and it'll change." Hello? No kidding! It's supposed to be back up in the 50's on Tuesday and then snow on Thursday. Craziness I tell ya.

Hope your Christmas week is off to a wonderful start.... cold or not.

Tidings of Joy!


4 comments:

SG said...

Glad you are feeliing so much better! :) What is your favorite cake?

Jenni said...

Yeah we get way crazy weather in TX too -- it is 70 today, then supposed to be 25 overnight on Wed...highs in the 30s Thurs/Fri.... It's nuts!!

Mae said...

My favorite cake? What's the funky shaped one w/ cinnamon swirls and a clear kind of icing ~ bunt cake? I think that's it. Dare I ask why?

Donna G said...

Glad the funkus is gone and I must say I really like that word. Christmas is what you make it, so many of us let it make us....miserable. I have vowed to do better this year and so far I am good. Congrats on the trip. I love trips. And it is also cold here in north central Alabama. I even had to pull my hood up last night! I love it!!!!