Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Lasts

I'm grateful this week for the lasts that I am experiencing.

Last night was my last night of class at Freed. I went with mixed emotions. For all of the religious differences b/t FHU and other c of C schools, it's really a great place filled with people who love Christ and want to share that with others. I will miss the fantastic professors I've had in the past six months (has it really only been that long?) and the camaraderie of the people who all want to help others as a counselor. BUT, I am excited about the amount of $$$ we will be able to put into a baby account, and the time I'll have to put into my marriage, my relationship w/ God, my church, and my family. It feels good.

Today is my last progesterone check and this marked our last month on Provera and Clomid. I can not express the relief I feel from knowing that I won't have to live my life according to a 28 day calendar any more!!! For the first time in six months (again, only that long?) I'll just be Mae, not Mae on all kinds of wacky drugs (the legal kind of course!). It too feels good.

With that said, I'm off to Columbia for that last vile of blood to be drawn, I think this calls for a celebratory chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard from the DQ (or in L'burg speak, the Day-ree Quh-ween)!

Tidings of Joy... and a happy week of lasts! :)

2 comments:

SG said...

Blizzards ROCK! and so do you Mizz Mae Anne!

Jenni said...

Livin in Big D, I really miss Blizzards at the DQ....they just don't build them in the city. So, if I get a hankerin for one, I have to wait until a trip to Abilene and stop at the DQ in Ranger. Crazy!